• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Estate Sale Oakley Minute Machine

myself

Oakley Enthusiast
Went to a local Estate Sale this weekend... low & behold I see this in the jewelery display case.... for $50. I swooped on it. I hardly looked at it long enough to decipher if it was authentic or not. Based on the price I had my suspicions, but, whatever.

I've been reading up and seen pictures on these forums of fake MM's and I still can't come to a conclusion. The white with black numbers for the date is throwing me off. Everything else I've seen is black with white numbers. The quality otherwise is there. Even the weight is on par. Anyone have an input? Thanks.

ebd0e766f7cf5b0468ae550829b45243.jpg
b60a2dedc57fcb4efba422e781a1f0eb.jpg
b7aabc9bb13202f4f0460250f05cec8d.jpg
75a13fba4ec07995f842f08cd321d646.jpg

I know if the movement was replaced at any point in the last 5 years or so, the Ronda movement comes with the white date dial with black numbers and it's easier to just swap it out as a whole than switch the date dial around. If you can open it up and make sure the movement is a Ronda 5040 B. The original has the gold color but a cheaper version will be silver in color but are both the correct movement.

That looks good and I'd imagine the movement got changed at some point and they left the white date dial in place for a quick and easy swap. IMO is a legit MM with an OE movement replacement so it's 99% genuine and correct with the exception of the 1% being the date dial not an OE part. Nice find for sure!!

Thanks for the feedback. I can wear it comfortably now knowing its not a fake. Estate sales often have some really nice items if you know what you're looking at.

Now I need to find a Oakley Hollow Point.

Back