• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Eye Jackets 1.0 Restoration..

Jben04

Oakley Enthusiast
Beaufort SC
This is going to be one of my first posts,, so please bear with me.
At the moment i have 3 pairs of eye jackets 1.0 ( Silver, Black and a pair of Gunmetal FMJ's )
I'm interested in trying to restore them ( ie new lenses, fixing up the frames and the "Oakley" logo on the nose bridge.) Ive seen on ebay some 1.0 replacement lenses but im guessing there not OEM )
Any ideas on where to start looking,recommendations??

This is going to be one of my first posts,, so please bear with me.
At the moment i have 3 pairs of eye jackets 1.0 ( Silver, Black and a pair of Gunmetal FMJ's )
I'm interested in trying to restore them ( ie new lenses, fixing up the frames and the "Oakley" logo on the nose bridge.) Ive seen on ebay some 1.0 replacement lenses but im guessing there not OEM )
Any ideas on where to start looking,recommendations??

welcome to the forum bro! visit Www.drchopshop.com - Cerakote Coatings, Airbrush Paint, Oakley Custom Sunglasses and contact the doc! maybe he could revive your pair and bring them back to life!

Finding original OEM lenses for the EJ 1.0 will be next to impossible. Best bet is to find some donor lenses like the Big Taco at your local store or order from HQ. Have them custom cut to fit the EJ frame. As far as I know the frames can be brought back although this model is prone to cracking under stress. As for the bridge print, I think once its gone, its gone. I dont know of anyone restoring that, its a tough task.

Also need to look into replacement earsocks, any idea if any out there are interchangeable or comparable to the originals?

excellent, also has anyone heard of the company "sublime optics"..
I saw a few listings on ebay for replacement lenses,,granted there not the original ones, but with the price it might be an option to look into.

excellent, also has anyone heard of the company "sublime optics"..
I saw a few listings on ebay for replacement lenses,,granted there not the original ones, but with the price it might be an option to look into.
I have heard of them they have some pretty good stuff. Not oem but since it costs a arm and both legs for custom cut lenses it is a viable option.

i have to agree dr chop is awesome been drooling on his site for a while now if i had only known about him a yr ago lol... would have sent my old xx twentys in

Back