• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Factory Pilot Military Boot - new elite boot?

image.jpg
image.jpg

Confirmed that The Elite Assault Boot is made right here.

The original shoes were made in the USA. It was a direct strike at Nike who made their shoes overseas. JJ eventually found out that making shoes in the US was not a profitable venture. As the Oakley shoe business was bleeding money, JJ moved production to Korea to bring it back to black.

At least they acknowledge what I've been saying since I got on the forum some 5+ years back;

Black, with black, on black. The first, the best, the only color needed.

(Though I refer to shades in this respect, I generally go brown belt, brown shoes).

Got a set of blacked out factory pilot Prizm Canopys on the way :cool-20:

I was all set to purchase a Factory Pilot boot. I tried on my normal size, 10, and I couldn’t even get them on. Then tried a sz 11.5. I got them on but really tight. Then tried on a sz 12, still tight, and when I walked, I felt like my forward step forced an awkward forward roll on the ball of my foot. They were just weird, the size, the fit and walking with them. They look awesome, but I did not buy them. Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:
I was all set to purchase a Factory Pilot boot. I tried on my normal size, 10, and I couldn’t even get them on. Then tried a sz 11.5. I got them on but really tight. Then tried on a sz 12, still tight, and when I walked, I felt like my forward step forced an awkward forward roll on the ball of my foot. They were just weird, the size, the fit and walking with them. They look awesome, but I did not buy them. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes I had to get 1 full size bigger and had to re-lace to make it comfy. The shoe just needs a little break in time.

Back