• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

fake juliet polarized lenses?

Jimmy74

Oakley Beginner
Just got a pair of supposed authentic juliet fire polarized lenses off the bay... the black oakley box the seller sent them in was originally for earsocks\nosepads kit, he scribbled them out and wrote with a pen oakley fire lens polarized. That would worry me but I did notice that the word Polarized on the original lens is what seems to be laser scribed into the lens (possibly from the rear) but on the lens the seller sent to me the word Polarized is definitely etched into the front of the lens....any ideas if this means they are fake?

thanks
J.

Authentic lens should be etched on the front (outside). Maybe the originals you have are aftermarket.

Yeah they've had some etched on one side or the other, so that itself isn't a indicator. And some have been selling old service stock, which didn't have retail packaging, so that's not an indicator either.

As requested, post pics, both of the iridium lenses with etching and held up to the light from the wearer's perspective so we can see the base tint. Also compare the lens thickness and bevel with known authentic lenses.

Oakley etched on either side as already stated above, the tell for fake is if the word POLARIZED is flat and not slightly curved to match the curve of the lens.