• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Feel free to pay F & F, but read this first

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
I would always recommend asking for tagged pictures when buying just to confirm the seller actually has the item in hand - maybe this can be made a requirement for listing an item for sale?

A slip of paper with the days date and user name alongside the item for sale goes a long way to prove ownership....
Always ask for Time Stamp when buying online

Some people reacted to this post.
These are some great ideas and I think I will use them. I like writing the date and your name on paper and showing it with the item.

This incident was a slick scam and that is likely done by someone very in tuned with X Metals and very in tune with how things work here. The scam was just subtle enough to not raise alarms so he knew exactly how much to ask to make it attractive but not cause a stir. He used popular but common items which had it been a MJR1 or Crater or something that would have been to much and raised suspicions.

The hack is usually someone who has gathered your info piece by piece over time until they get your login. It is not hard... Befriend people and talk about general crap but get things like mom's maiden name, your birthday, etc until they can answer the questions to change your password. That happens all the time and likely happened here. I still think the guy is someone we know either past or present and it would be a good idea to go back in your paypals and see if you ever transacted with that yahoo email. (I doubt it but its worth a look.) This reminds me of watching crime shows where the cop says "that many stabs wounds is personal, this person knew their attacker." The way he hung around and got a good laugh out of it made me think for sure this was someone with a point to make or a chip on their shoulder and he is reveling in the aftermath as a payoff now that he was known.

A true crook takes the money and splits and their payoff is the money, not antagonizing the victims. So with all that said, we have had it happen twice now, once in the GS rules days and once in the FF is OK days and both times they got peoples money. It makes no difference so I am not phased at all to accept and send FF to people that are known and not raising red flags. I will certainly consider a price to good to be true as a red flag to head caution for now on. That is how to protect yourself here, not create a rule and hope it works.

Username Hidden said:
These are some great ideas and I think I will use them. I like writing the date and your name on paper and showing it with the item.

This incident was a slick scam and that is likely done by someone very in tuned with X Metals and very in tune with how things work here. The scam was just subtle enough to not raise alarms so he knew exactly how much to ask to make it attractive but not cause a stir. He used popular but common items which had it been a MJR1 or Crater or something that would have been to much and raised suspicions.

The hack is usually someone who has gathered your info piece by piece over time until they get your login. It is not hard... Befriend people and talk about general crap but get things like mom's maiden name, your birthday, etc until they can answer the questions to change your password. That happens all the time and likely happened here. I still think the guy is someone we know either past or present and it would be a good idea to go back in your paypals and see if you ever transacted with that yahoo email. (I doubt it but its worth a look.) This reminds me of watching crime shows where the cop says "that many stabs wounds is personal, this person knew their attacker." The way he hung around and got a good laugh out of it made me think for sure this was someone with a point to make or a chip on their shoulder and he is reveling in the aftermath as a payoff now that he was known.

A true crook takes the money and splits and their payoff is the money, not antagonizing the victims. So with all that said, we have had it happen twice now, once in the GS rules days and once in the FF is OK days and both times they got peoples money. It makes no difference so I am not phased at all to accept and send FF to people that are known and not raising red flags. I will certainly consider a price to good to be true as a red flag to head caution for now on. That is how to protect yourself here, not create a rule and hope it works.
Yeah the fact that both times these hacks have gone down and they find time to play around and make fun after shows they are out for revenge if you ask me…