• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Finito lens replacement

basegilt

Oakley Beginner
My finito lens started to corrode, so I purchased a titanium clear lens from the aftermarket and attached it. It seems more awkward than the VR50 I originally used.

Is here anyone have Juliet Carbon frame with Titanium clear lens?

Also Is Titanium clear lens a polarized lens?

20231021_162305.jpg

20231021_162319.jpg
20231021_164629.jpg
20231021_164649.jpg

No need to replace them if they are not scratched. That inner layer can be removed with a strong adhesive tape. I would wait a wile longer sometimes the delam. stops.
FYI:
Finding replacement lenses is a tall order.
Stephan, you're a genius! My wife sends all her love. :) About a week after I got her those pristine Teaspoons, the lenses totally delaminated. I am assuming that's because she uses strong hair products.
I knew Persimmon Black Iridium lenses would be close to impossible to source, as they came on very few models and haven't been made in a long time. I used some tape that I use to prevent my finger joints from dislocating during rock climbing. It's pretty sticky. The foil came right off w/o any problems. Thanks so much for the tip!

You are welcome.
Glad it worked out.
In my opinion the cause for delaminating lenses is still unclear to me.
I bought two pairs from different seller and both came with delaminated lenses a day apart from each other. I also had lenses delam. days after installing in a Juliet without ever being used.
Go figure.

Last edited:
No need to replace them if they are not scratched. That inner layer can be removed with a strong adhesive tape. I would wait a wile longer sometimes the delam. stops.
FYI:
Finding replacement lenses is a tall order.
Thanks for your advise. Do you have any delaminated lens pics??

Back