• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fixed split unobtanium watch band!

cjdoesreef

Oakley Beginner
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0196.JPG
IMG_0197.JPG
I'm surprised but I got the hint on here about fixing my Blade wristband that had split. I ordered Loctite PowerFlex for $6, applied it per the instructions, let it sit overnight and it actually worked. This is awesome as I could not find a new replacement band. So anyone that has this problem might want to try the solution. I didn't take any before pictures but it was split pretty bad in half. But here are a couple of the finished product.

View attachment 334490 View attachment 334491 View attachment 334492 View attachment 334493 View attachment 334494 View attachment 334495 I'm surprised but I got the hint on here about fixing my Blade wristband that had split. I ordered Loctite PowerFlex for $6, applied it per the instructions, let it sit overnight and it actually worked. This is awesome as I could not find a new replacement band. So anyone that has this problem might want to try the solution. I didn't take any before pictures but it was split pretty bad in half. But here are a couple of the finished product.
Wow. Let us know if it actually stays fixed. Good luck!

View attachment 334490 View attachment 334491 View attachment 334492 View attachment 334493 View attachment 334494 View attachment 334495 I'm surprised but I got the hint on here about fixing my Blade wristband that had split. I ordered Loctite PowerFlex for $6, applied it per the instructions, let it sit overnight and it actually worked. This is awesome as I could not find a new replacement band. So anyone that has this problem might want to try the solution. I didn't take any before pictures but it was split pretty bad in half. But here are a couple of the finished product.
Hey just would to know how the band hold out with the Loctite?

Hey just would to know how the band hold out with the Loctite?
The Loctite is still holding except for when I left it sitting in the window in the sun and I guess heated up the bond which caused it to break. I reglued and have been keeping it out of direct sunlight and it holds fine. I do wear it outside here in the sun and Bond holds fine no issue.

Back