• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak 1.0 temple length and asian fit

vvltrain

Oakley Beginner
Hello all

New to this forum. I dont want to beat a dead horse with the differences between regular and asian fit flaks. However, ive been looking around for another pair of asian fit flak 1.0s to replace my current frames that have one nose pad broken off to transfer my rx lenses into.

My current old stock asian fits have a temple length of 133mm. I looked up standard fit flak 1.0 amd they list as 135mm temple

Id like to grab a pair of matte black 1.0s that ive seen in the reissued si version. I am not sure if the resissued flak 1.0s changed design somewhat but I have seen some matte black flaks as 133. Grey market from asia?) and some with 135 temple. Im not sure if these are just typos or not. I've also seen flak 1.0's listed as high bridge fit and the actual pictures show it stamped as 133mm?

So are all asian fit flak 1.0s 133mm? Are there regular flaks that have the narrower curvature yet still not 133mm temples and not 135mm? Am i looking at knock offs and not authentic offerings?

I find it highly unlikely to retool a mold of an older model with updated measurements but i could be wrong. Anyone able to shed some light?

I’m pretty sure all the temples for the flaks were interchangeable based on how they pop/fit into the orbital. I am not familiar with the 133 vs 135 mm size difference.

I’m pretty sure all the temples for the flaks were interchangeable based on how they pop/fit into the orbital. I am not familiar with the 133 vs 135 mm size difference.
I dont doubt that the actual arms are interchangeable between different bridge designs in the flak 1.0 series.

Im just wondering if whether the the arm length that comes with any given pair is an indication of what type of fit it is (regular high bridge fit or low bridge asian fit).

My theory was, asian fit come with 133mm arms and regular fit come with 135mm arms. I have yet to debunk it either way.

Back