• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak 2.0 polarized lens options?

Take a peek at the Prizm Daily Polarized if you're good with the black look from the outside as well.

Or the Prizm Roads or Prizm Baseball are red from the outside as well, but fairly light.

Point being, when in store, check them all out.

One more Q fellas....did O stop making lenses for the 1/2 jacket 2.0, or are they just out of stock? I see a lot of XL ones...but very few standard 2.0s. Like I said....I have a habit of getting myself ahead of myself, so I see hoe the black ones work for me. If I like, I'll get more. But if they are no longer being made...maybe I'll just get them anyway with my discount. If not....sell em here and pass the savings to another member here.

Take a peek at the Prizm Daily Polarized if you're good with the black look from the outside as well.

Or the Prizm Roads or Prizm Baseball are red from the outside as well, but fairly light.

Point being, when in store, check them all out.
I will....just think I will mostly come across XL lenses though. We shall see on Fri. Thanks.

Read a few reviews were some complained the reg 2.0 lenses were too small. I read that a lot about the Pennys back in the day...so I'm banking the regular 2.0s will fit me rather well I like my Square Wires...have 4 pairs and plenty of lenses. Just want to try a change...something lighter than then the X-Metals. I find myself wearing my Ti Square Wires often because of the weight...there is SUCH a huge difference. Still...Juliets and Pennys for life!!!! :)

Sorry to be so late to reply, I have the Sapphire Iridium Polarized and the 00 Red Iridium lenses for the Flak 2.0 XL. I also have a set of the Deep Water Prizm Polarized in my XX X-Metals. I would say that the Sapphire has a deeper blue than the DWPP with a little bit of Violet on the edges. The SIP are also the most reflective of those three lenses. The DWPP is a very nice lens to look through, great contrast. I haven't worn my 00 Red Iridium lenses as I replaced them with Violet Iridium Polarized when I got my OCP Flak 2.0 XL from the Oakley website. I should probably put them up for sale since I'm not using them and they're brand new. lol. Hope that helps!

Well, after going back and forth with the Flak 2.0 and the Half Jacket...I decided on the Half Jacket. I did like the frame/ears much better on the Flaks, and the difference in lens sizes were not that big...but enough to make a difference to me. So, I got a pair of black/black polar iridium Half Jackets 2.0s. I like them, they fit my face better than the Flaks, even though the difference is so small. I wish the socks were the same on both frames, I love the socks on the Flaks. Still...needed a beater pair of glasses that are lighter than my X-Metals. My Square Wires are awesome, but wanted something with a bit more lens coverage and just as light. So I'm happy!! :)

Anyone have a pic of the Half Jacket 2.0 with the ICE iridium lenses? I was told the rubber / socks on the Half Jackets can not be replaced...took a look at the website and they not only can be ordered with the color of rubber / socks of your liking, but you can buy the rubber / socks separately. Salesman didn't know all that he was talking about. Gonna wear the ones I got for a few days to see how I like them. They honestly feel "cheap" compared to the X-Metals I am so used to. It's when I put them on and look thru the lenses and say....."NICE!!!" is when I see where my money is being well spent. I just want to get a LIGHT beater pair of new Oakleys that have different lenses available. Hope I like these, just got them tonight and have not really had the chance to wear them yet. I would like to see the ICE lenses on them. I noticed I can order them in a silver frame...we'll see.

Latest Posts

Back