• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket lenses

ConcreteGuy

Oakley Beginner
Premium Member
Texas
Is it a common problem for the small notches to break from normal use on Flak Jacket lenses? It's the only Flak Jackets I've worn cause one of my lenses have been broken a long time, but haven't had the heart to toss it since it's the lens with the deer etching

I have not seen this happen unless they were mistreated. Have they been removed and reinserted alot?

I have not seen this happen unless they were mistreated. Have they been removed and reinserted alot?
Not at all. I always wear shades with the arms placed around the hats I wear and having to pull them apart a bit more to get them around the hat, I'm wondering if that would even be enough stress to cause the breakage. It might be possible that part of the lens was flawed to begin with. Not likely, but who knows

I have worn Flak, Half Jacket and Flak 2.0XL the way you're describing, for over a decade and I swap around lenses weekly, during the summer. I have never broken a lens or a frame for that matter. Over time, the lenses tend to go in and come out easier, just because of the plastic losing it's shape where the lens engages in the frame, but no breaks.

Back