• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flight deck goggle straps?

finboy

Oakley Enthusiast
I run Oakley flight decks while snowboarding, but I can never find google straps in different colours without buying the whole setup. Does anyone know if there is a retailer I can just buy different goggle straps for ones I already own?

Same problem here!!!
I can find a million clips about changing the lens but not even one about replacing the strap.
Why the hell, there are no replacement straps for flight deck goggles?
Makes me super sad, that Oakley doesn’t support the fabulous idea of customization. (Groundbreaking idea with the razorblades)

The flight deck is the best snowboard goggle ever made! I love it a lot. The design consists almost entirely of lens and strap.

What I’m doing now is a workaround:

Cut the existing strap close to the connector and sew the new strap (from MX-Goggle) on the old strap.

Long live individualism!

IMG_7144.jpeg

IMG_7145.jpeg

Same problem here!!!
I can find a million clips about changing the lens but not even one about replacing the strap.
Why the hell, there are no replacement straps for flight deck goggles?
Makes me super sad, that Oakley doesn’t support the fabulous idea of customization. (Groundbreaking idea with the razorblades)

The flight deck is the best snowboard goggle ever made! I love it a lot. The design consists almost entirely of lens and strap.

What I’m doing now is a workaround:

Cut the existing strap close to the connector and sew the new strap (from MX-Goggle) on the old strap.

Long live individualism!

View attachment 1109595

View attachment 1109596
How did this turn out? Did you just sew the MX band to the remaining bit of original Flight Deck band? It's a real shame they don't just sell the straps in a million colours!

How did this turn out? Did you just sew the MX band to the remaining bit of original Flight Deck band? It's a real shame they don't just sell the straps in a million colours!
To be honest, the result is close to perfect. It makes me extremely happy to have bypassed the very questionable product availability of Oakley here with DIY considerations.

The whole MX goggle including vintage mood splatter optic strap cost me 35€. Although the width of the strap varied (5cm/4cm)

I'm very happy with the result and will be testing the pimped Flight Deck goggle next week in Switzerland.

IMG_7365.jpeg

IMG_7363.jpeg

IMG_7362.jpeg

820b33dd-cd35-4f62-a155-acca935cf572.jpeg

1e0732c1-253d-4cac-8609-2126b5ad9e3e.jpeg

271ffb26-70c3-4b1e-ab4f-f65932d5fc6f.jpeg

bc413dcf-4677-482b-b905-d5dbd0ea33ae.jpeg

Thanks so much!
That's exactly what a forum should be about. In any case, I'm glad if I was able to encourage the good old vibe of customization with this project.

BG from Germany

Back