• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frame Width For X Metals

ClankyBoots

Oakley Beginner
Anyone have an official description of the size/frame width when it comes to the x metals range? From smallest to largest? Also which of the x metals have stronger/more durable arms?

ooooh this rabbit hole goes deep.

your query brings up an interesting point though. the frames actually don't have a fixed width because of the flex from the different parts, with the exception to half-x but the link above gives you an idea of the relative size to each other.

also that "What Oakleys are you wearing today" thread is handy as you can search for a pair that suits your face and search if the same person owns metals.

They are all made from the same titanium alloy material, as long as you don't bend them they shouldnt crack or break unless you are @Magmaredhot.....some x-metals are 25 years old, that should say enough right there about the durability of them and why they are such a popular frame.

Last edited:
They are all made from the same titanium material, as long as you don't bend them they shouldnt crack or break unless you are @Magmaredhot
I see. Decided to ask cause I've noticed it's tougher to put on/take off my Juliets now that my hair is longer. I suppose it's drastically easier with cropped hair.😅

Back