• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Glare line in field of view with gloss black Half Jacket 2.0 Polarized

thor55

Oakley Beginner
I just Bought a pair of Half jacket 2.0 with gloss black frames, with Black Iridium Polarized lenses. I went for a ride and noticed a bright line of glare from top to bottom in each lens, when riding into the sun...even though the sun was high in the sky as it was 3:00. Turns out the sunlight is reflecting off the frame just above the lens, but only when riding into the sun. No problem if wearing a hat, as it prevents the sunlight hitting the frame at the right angle.

Returned the glasses and tried Half jacket 2.0 with matte black frames, with Black Polarized lenses...problem solved.

I just Bought a pair of Half jacket 2.0 with gloss black frames, with Black Iridium Polarized lenses. I went for a ride and noticed a bright line of glare from top to bottom in each lens, when riding into the sun...even though the sun was high in the sky as it was 3:00. Turns out the sunlight is reflecting off the frame just above the lens, but only when riding into the sun. No problem if wearing a hat, as it prevents the sunlight hitting the frame at the right angle.

Returned the glasses and tried Half jacket 2.0 with matte black frames, with Black Polarized lenses...problem solved.

:welcome: to the forum and thanks for the info

Welcome to the forum

Back