• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Glasses other than oakley?

Balmain (by Akoni) Brigade 1
Was hesitant about them at first but they are comparable to JMM quality. I dig them a lot
IMG_1019.jpeg

Balmain (by Akoni) Brigade 1
Was hesitant about them at first but they are comparable to JMM quality. I dig them a lot
View attachment 1130321

Very nice. Akoni is a great brand. A lot of their members were former Dita. The Dita founders are in their ranks as well after selling their shares in their former company, which is why you see some of the familiar Dita cues in their designs. The Balmain stuff is very bold. Akoni is doing for Balmain what Dita did for Thom Browne.

Congrats also on the Maybachs. another good brand. They burst onto the scene and copied a lot of stuff from Cartier, Dita, Cazal and others, as new brands do, but they are really coming into their own.

Last edited:
Talk about quality sheesh
They are great. I feel the patented (by I believe, Movitra) system is a bit of a gimmick though (I never flip the right orbital + arm)

However, the optical quality is great. They fit well on the face and are remarkably lightweight.
Here’s a stock photo of how they fold up. Obviously, you can close the arms like regular specs (which I personally prefer)
IMG_1760.jpeg

Talk about quality sheesh
@Chris A Hardaway Hello, I’m sorry to interrupt this thread with a tangent request. I joined this forum specifically to find a custom lens and I saw some people recommend reaching out to you. I don’t have enough time or points to message you. I have an Oakley Holbrook XL frame I’d love to get RX eyeglass lenses installed into. XL’s are way more comfortable on my face. Is this something you can help with? Sorry for hijacking this thread to ask this.

@Chris A Hardaway Hello, I’m sorry to interrupt this thread with a tangent request. I joined this forum specifically to find a custom lens and I saw some people recommend reaching out to you. I don’t have enough time or points to message you. I have an Oakley Holbrook XL frame I’d love to get RX eyeglass lenses installed into. XL’s are way more comfortable on my face. Is this something you can help with? Sorry for hijacking this thread to ask this.
@Vyrtuous send a copy of your RX, your PD measurement (in millimeters), and a written request (what lens color you'd like for which frame : Holbrook xl) and I'll get back to you.
Chrisahardaway@mail.com

Back