• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got some Katos finally!

CSousley

Oakley Beginner
I think these are legit too! Only because they are still new enough to not have fakes made yet. The only thing is that they don’t have icons so if anyone knows anywhere to get some Kato Icons let me know!

37AAA041-895A-441C-AEC4-D80783C60C9C.png

I've purchased several pairs from that eBay seller. Everything is authentic but sometimes the lenses do have some marks as stated in the listings.

The lens tint does look legit. Fakers can't replicate the complex prizm tints and make do with the standard red/green/blue/chrome mirror finish.

How do I check for this? From pics
Here are the steps, the hatch is the ‘round thing’ on the temple, there is a notch on the bottom you can use a fingernail to open the first time, it will open a bit hard the first time.

1. open the hatch on the temple. the first time this will take a little effort. Notice the long pin location in the middle hole and the arrow facing straight backward.

2. adjust the arm up or down to fit your preference.

3. turn the pegs so the long peg goes in the hole which corresponds to which angle you turned the temples (if you angled the temples down, the arrow needs to point down and the long pin lines up with the bottom hole and likewise on top).

4. once the pegs are lined up to the correct holes shut the hatch until it clicks.

hope that helps, step 3 was the tricky one for me to figure out.

^Yeah this seller normally has several of each pair that he puts on eBay. I'm sure that he's got a connection with someone at hq. He had several Kato x a while back and I purchased 2 of them and some sutros. All are legit.

Back