• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HAD TO DO IT

THE X-MAN

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ILLINOIS
So after a couple months of searching I couldn't find an even up trade for an x-metal finished XS.So I refinished these to an x-metal finish.did I loose some value...idk....doesn't matter because these are keepers.the plasma was a bit to "blingey" for me.I like these better.the finish is spot on oem.....
PLASMA XS(2).jpg
20220806_093935.jpg

My daily's are that finish, but my two other pairs are the plasma frames. One I inherited from a nephew, and the other are practically NOS. I wouldn't have an issue with doing that to one of those pairs if need be.

The only issue with these are they are warranty frames which require warranty lenses or they don't fit at the bottom correctly. Still trying to get my head around why Oakley did that.id like to find warranty ruby lenses though or have custom cut lenses.

The only issue with these are they are warranty frames which require warranty lenses or they don't fit at the bottom correctly. Still trying to get my head around why Oakley did that.id like to find warranty ruby lenses though or have custom cut lenses.

I'd recommend ordering a few sets of the Ikon ruby's and sort through them and keep what fits and send back what doesn't.

I only say that because my understanding is that ALL X-Metal frames are going to have a slightly different lens fit because of how they were made.

Warranty is a different animal.they made 2 different frames for the XS.the bottom of the orbital has a radius.... .whereas the standard frames are more flat at the bottom.

Warranty is a different animal.they made 2 different frames for the XS.the bottom of the orbital has a radius.... .whereas the standard frames are more flat at the bottom.

OH GOTCHA!

I gotta look closer because at first glance, I always think the XS are just Juliets.

I definitely prefer the matte x-metal look over the plasma finish. Something I might consider for my pair of juliets

Back