• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Has Anyone Ever Tried Bending O Matter Frames ??

AusOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Sydney, Australia
Just wondering if anyone has done any DIY modifications to O matter frames in terms of bending the frame so that it curves more? or
anything else to make them fit your face better?

you can twist the flak jackets past 180º without any distortion, so it might do a little bit of good, but since they are all the same material, it probably wont do too much

Just wondering if anyone has done any DIY modifications to O matter frames in terms of bending the frame so that it curves more? or
anything else to make them fit your face better?

you can bend them, but most probably, they will just snap back into place. at the most, they should hold their adjustment a little. the acetate frames bend much easier.

you can twist the flak jackets past 180º without any distortion, so it might do a little bit of good, but since they are all the same material, it probably wont do too much

Thanks. I had to sort of straighten the arms a little on my custom Antix to stay on my head better but this post was in relation to the fuel cells in
particular. They just don't curve enough at the front to wrap my face like the batwolf and antix do so I was thinking i could bend them at the nose
but I've been into stores to try them on and it's not like I can just bend them right there to make them fit. Sucks that my face doesn't fit most of the frames I like

Thanks. I had to sort of straighten the arms a little on my custom Antix to stay on my head better but this post was in relation to the fuel cells in
particular. They just don't curve enough at the front to wrap my face like the batwolf and antix do so I was thinking i could bend them at the nose
but I've been into stores to try them on and it's not like I can just bend them right there to make them fit. Sucks that my face doesn't fit most of the frames I like

next time im by a pair of fule cells i will give it a shot

next time im by a pair of fule cells i will give it a shot

I was googling this question and a lot of answers came up mostly saying yes it can be done. A DIY job would be putting the frame in boiling water or heating with a hair dryer ( I would probably take the lenses out for this) then shaping them to fit and cooling them off. Also found that being O matter they will re shape after a while. Then I found a few answers by people who said opticians can re shape the frame at a cost or for free. I think I might give it a go I would love to own a pair of Fuel Cells, Pity they don't curve like the batwolfs
then I wouldn't have to change anything

I was googling this question and a lot of answers came up mostly saying yes it can be done. A DIY job would be putting the frame in boiling water or heating with a hair dryer ( I would probably take the lenses out for this) then shaping them to fit and cooling them off. Also found that being O matter they will re shape after a while. Then I found a few answers by people who said opticians can re shape the frame at a cost or for free. I think I might give it a go I would love to own a pair of Fuel Cells, Pity they don't curve like the batwolfs
then I wouldn't have to change anything

hey if you give i a go post up! I'd love to see the results of the boiling water method.

I did, not DIY though. My Fuel Cell used to slide easily down my face so I took it to an optical shop and they took the lenses out, and put it through a machine that heat up the frame while bending it to a tighter fit.

Not an everlasting solution, but it's been a year and the fit is still good.

Didn't read any of the other posts, but when I worked at SGH they had a "tool" that we could plug up and it would blow out hot air. lightly heat up the arms and slightly bend a frame to put a better curve on the glasses.

DIY - maybe a torch held at a safe distance away haha. good luck man

Didn't read any of the other posts, but when I worked at SGH they had a "tool" that we could plug up and it would blow out hot air. lightly heat up the arms and slightly bend a frame to put a better curve on the glasses.

DIY - maybe a torch held at a safe distance away haha. good luck man
I was actually thinking about bending at the nose piece to Curve the frame
More , if I I find a pair cheap enough so it's not really a big deal if I stuff it up I'll post the results.

Back