• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oil Rig Help

Brymac76

Oakley Beginner
Heyo O Fam-
I bought these Oil Rigs Used a few weeks ago. Pretty sure they had after market lenses in them. Pretty sure the frames are legit Oakley...but not sure and looking for some help here.
I tried purchasing replacement lenses from Revant. First set wouldn't fit......it took me about 30 mins of manhandling to even get the center middle to snap in, then I couldn't get the right side snapped in no matter how hard I tried (Revant Customer service is fantastic btw)-They sent me a second set and they wouldn't fit either. I was able to mostly get the 2nd lense in (the center section was significantly easier to pop in)...but one corner kept popping out once i would pop the other corner in. After all set and done Revant gave me a full refund and let me keep the 2 pairs.

I attached pics of the arms- anyone have an idea why these Revant lenses won't work/fit? Are they fakes? or has anyone else had an issue like this?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
B

Left Arm.jpg

Right Arm.jpg

I think the causes can be that the frames might be counterfeit, damaged, and the lenses might be the wrong size or defective.

Oil rigs have to styles..oil rig 1 and oil rig 2 1 is older 2 was the newer version of the oilrig sunglasses...the lens size is different that's probably your problem.
Eh, that's news too me?
The Oil Rig frame didn't change. The earstems are what's different. The 1st iteration had Square O Icons and the 2nd, had Castle Icons(with a change in the shape of the earstem around the Icon).
Oil Rig
1000010934.jpg

Oil Rig 2.0
1000010933.jpg

It's probably the base curve of the lens. I've found that, with some brands of aftermarket lenses I've bought, they don't seem to make them with the same base curve as the originals. That makes it really hard to get them installed, and keep them in.

Last edited:
Back