• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello From KY

Welcome to the forum! Ole Tennessee boy living in Montana here... opps I meant old!

So if you are ultra light sensitive let me introduce you to snow black prizm lenses. They take shading the sunlight out to the next level as it was developed for bluebird bright days on the ski slopes when light is coming at you from everywhere. The sapphire snow and Jade snow I can say are nice and dark as well and you may want to look at those as options for less bright days when the black would be to dark. They all have a reddish grey back tint as that is part of the snow technology. The one snow called snow torch is probably the lightest and lets the most light in. I have a set of those for plowing snow on the 4 wheeler on cloudy snowy days so that one avoid. The others I am not sure of since I never used them but you can find their ratings on Oakley website. The primary technology of the snow lense is when you are skiing or driving in snow you can better see drop offs and changes in the snow wearing them. The super darkness is a side effect to that technology. You wear a great model to obtain lenses for so look here once you qualify to buy and sell here and on ebay. Snow lenses are not out there is quantities like your regular tints so it may take a little digging to find a set for less than retail which is stupid high these days.

Welcome to the forum! Ole Tennessee boy living in Montana here... opps I meant old!

So if you are ultra light sensitive let me introduce you to snow black prizm lenses. They take shading the sunlight out to the next level as it was developed for bluebird bright days on the ski slopes when light is coming at you from everywhere. The sapphire snow and Jade snow I can say are nice and dark as well and you may want to look at those as options for less bright days when the black would be to dark. They all have a reddish grey back tint as that is part of the snow technology. When you are skiing you can better see drop offs and changes in the snow wearing them. The super darkness is a side effect to that technology. You wear a great model to obtain lenses for so look here once you qualify to buy and sell here and on ebay. Snow lenses are not out there is quantities like your regular tints so it may take a little digging to find a set for less than retail which is stupid high these days.
Thanks for the info, I have never heard of these lenses before, but I will most definitely be on the lookout for them! After cataract surgery and LASIK in both eyes, bright light bothers me. I also have severe migraines and have developed ocular migraines as well in the last few years. I love being outside, but I just can't manage it without good lenses.

Thanks for the info, I have never heard of these lenses before, but I will most definitely be on the lookout for them! After cataract surgery and LASIK in both eyes, bright light bothers me. I also have severe migraines and have developed ocular migraines as well in the last few years. I love being outside, but I just can't manage it without good lenses.
Though the Flak has pretty decent coverage you may want to look at some even larger lens frames. Radarlock and Radarlock ev are the options today for that model that will block out all light. I use that model often to go fishing on the creek or activities where I want to have no interference from the frame and full coverage. I know there is a snow sapphire in radarlock... A quick search turns these up for a pretty great price...
Radar EV Snow Prizm Black

Here is a forum article on the subject that came out about the time they hit the scene a few years ago

Back