• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help A Brother Out?

johnb6597

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Greetings, All: Will beg forgiveness in advance for my ignorance. What innocently began a few months ago as a quest to replace a pair of Juliets my wife lost on a Christmad roadtrip has now resulted in us completely falling down the X-metal rabbit hole. We have now bought 5 Juliets, 1 R2, and 1 Half-X. Along the way, we've learned there are different sized rubbers (15, 25, 50, 75...🤷‍♂️) to help accommodate various head and face shapes and sizes, but we have no real idea how to translate those numbers in the best way for us. I'm a big guy with a wide skull, and my wife is petite with a small round face. One of the Juliets and the R2 and the Half-X are for me to wear, and the remaining 4 Juliets are for my wife. Armed with that little bit of info, can anybody tell us which size rubbers might give us the best fit for comfort and grip for each of those different sunglasses? We aren't collecting or flipping, just came late to the party and now need some guidance that helps us NOT disassemble and reassemble everything 3 or 4 times just to try on different rubbers. Any and all advice is much appreciated. 🍻

Greetings.
The higher the number, the thicker the Rubber.
Higher number for smaller heads.
Lower number for larger heads.
If you have a wide head you should not wear a Half-X. You could overextend the spring hinges and break them. That's the weak point on models like Half-X, Madman and Badman.

What is the BNIB Oakley factory-installed size rubbers for Juliets?

Thanks, Stig and Atticus. That points us in a positive direction. We bought my wife's original Juliets brand-new at the PX in Guam in 2007-ish and she was very comfortable wearing them with the original rubbers until she lost them this past Christmas. Knowing the out-of-the-box original rubber size will dictate what we put in the 4 recently-acquired pairs for her.

Thanks, Stig and Atticus. That points us in a positive direction. We bought my wife's original Juliets brand-new at the PX in Guam in 2007-ish and she was very comfortable wearing them with the original rubbers until she lost them this past Christmas. Knowing the out-of-the-box original rubber size will dictate what we put in the 4 recently-acquired pairs for her.
I'm guessing 15, but have never purchased a NIB pair...

I genuinely love her, so I am totally screwed! 🤣 Plus, I got some R2s and Half-X out of it, so I'm semi-complicit. 😎

I've bought a couple of pairs of Juliets BNIB, they've both come with 15's fitted and some 25's in a bag.

I've apparently got a wonky head so I tend to fit a 25 on the right and a 15 on the left :biggrin: