• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HELP!!! Badman hinges

Updated link for services if anyone is interested. Thanks.

Updated link for services if anyone is interested. Thanks.

Just curious, ever dealt with something like this? This is from a Crosshair 2012. These retail at the moment for about $200, wondering if they're even worth trying to fix if it's gonna cost half its value. Places around me like jewelers just don't wanna touch it. Last picture is what it supposed to look like fully attached. It's Oakley's C5 alloy metal.
20211121_212134.jpg

20211121_212023.jpg

20211121_212155.jpg

20211121_211947_HDR.jpg

That looks like a spot welding job and not a hinge. It requires a very delicate hand and that is why it costs alot to fix. If they are sentimental shades, would def find a fine jeweler to see if they can fix, but it wont be cheap. Sorry I cannot help more here. Good luck.

Splinter - I believe the Half X's use a much bigger hinge. Let me poke around to see if I can get them and I will revert back. If I can, I can def get them fixed for you. Will get back.

Splinter - I believe the Half X's use a much bigger hinge. Let me poke around to see if I can get them and I will revert back. If I can, I can def get them fixed for you. Will get back.
Thanks. Please let me know.

Also, please tell me what you mean by "get them". If there is a replacement part, I am happy to purchase/install vs trusting our friends in the transportation industry with my frames.

Thanks. Please let me know.

Also, please tell me what you mean by "get them". If there is a replacement part, I am happy to purchase/install vs trusting our friends in the transportation industry with my frames.
I mean replace the hinges on eBay half x replacement service. You need to ship just the arm or the whole frame for the guy to replace the new springs hinge. Thanks

I mean replace the hinges on eBay half x replacement service. You need to ship just the arm or the whole frame for the guy to replace the new springs hinge. Thanks
@Swirjo - do you (or any other forum member) have experience with the eBay source? I would appreciate pics if you have. Are they factory size replacements or more robust? Also, still necessitates sending arms :unsure: - not as appealing as purchasing parts for install.

Latest Posts

Back