• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help me identify my Oakley's from 2002/03

Projectgaz

Oakley Beginner
IMG_5583.JPG
IMG_5584.JPG
Hi all

New to the group here.

I have a pair of Oakley sunglasses I bought in 2002 or 2003 from an Oakley dealer (Outdoor sport store) in the U.K. I wear these glasses every day, they take a bit of punishment but except for a few scuffs, the loss of the rubber nose pads and the rubbing away of the word 'Oakley' on the bridge, they're still in a good condition and I absolutely love them. I've been trying to find what model they are and found it extremely difficult to find a good list of the Oakley range from around the time I bought them and wondered if anyone here could help identify them for me or point me to a good source of Oakley's from the past? Please see image attached, the frames are plastic and a distinguishing feature is that the 'O's on the arms are at an oblique angle, about 45 degrees between horizontal and vertical.

Thanks in advance

Try Oreview.com
There is usually some form of marking that states the name or even a sku# somewhere on the inside of the frame. Try looking in there first.

Thanks Trump & Rustpot, Eye Jacket 3.0 is a winner!
Jmgarcia, thanks for the reply, I had a look around the frames but couldn't find anything, these glasses are extremely well worn so any markings are long worn off.

Thanks again folks, really grateful for your time :)

View attachment 298939 View attachment 298938 Hi all

New to the group here.

I have a pair of Oakley sunglasses I bought in 2002 or 2003 from an Oakley dealer (Outdoor sport store) in the U.K. I wear these glasses every day, they take a bit of punishment but except for a few scuffs, the loss of the rubber nose pads and the rubbing away of the word 'Oakley' on the bridge, they're still in a good condition and I absolutely love them. I've been trying to find what model they are and found it extremely difficult to find a good list of the Oakley range from around the time I bought them and wondered if anyone here could help identify them for me or point me to a good source of Oakley's from the past? Please see image attached, the frames are plastic and a distinguishing feature is that the 'O's on the arms are at an oblique angle, about 45 degrees between horizontal and vertical.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum. Nice EJ3's...don't see many of those 'round these here parts. (No tobacco spiting emoji so just think about one)

Hi - I have a very similar query, so I hope that this is the best place to post... apologies if not...

I also have a pair of glasss that I've had, loved, used & abused for the last 18 years or so - they must be 2003 or so I think - I also don't remember the design name & would really appreciate any assistance with that side of things.
I have attached 2 picutures - one showing the frame, and another showing an issue with the coating on the inside of the lenses, which has 'bubbled' and started to come away from the lens - clearly destroying the optical clarity while wearing the glasses :( does anyone know if a replacement nose-rubber is still available for this model, and more importantly, whether replacement lenses are available?
oh and lastly, is this lens coating problem a regular thing, and what might have caused it do you think?

Thanks very much
Burt

Glasses (large).JPG

Lens issue (Large).JPG

Latest Posts

Back