• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help name these lenses

Fjammer

Oakley Beginner
Hi,
Looking to buy my first oakleys and I really like the frogs, but I cant find this combo I saw on the web. The frame seems to be "crystal black".
Thanks in advance!
Screenshot_20180602-215300_Gallery.jpg

You can customized these on the Oakley website. Looks like crystallized black with positive red lenses.

Thanks! Yes I tried to customized them on the web but I think they dont offer these lenses anymore.

Yeah, the options don't have +red for custom, nor is +red offered in the replacement lense section for Frogs either. But you can still get the crystal black frame and choose from the lense options that are available. It won't be the red to purple to orange color the +red gives but the sapphire iridium will give you a nice blue to purple hue and you can get that one in standard or polarized. Ruby will give you the Red to yellow/orange but without the blue. Either option gives you some of the +Red but not the whole thing.

You can always try to call Oakley at the 1-800# just to see if maybe they have some warranty +Reds in stock that they can sell you. I've done that many a time in the past, though nowadays LuxOakley is kinda hit or miss on what you can get with them usually saying nowadays, "we only have what's listed online". Used to, customer reps would put me on hold and actually look around HQ to see if what I was looking for was laying around (seriously ask me about my wiretap adventure of 2006 sometime :p). Haven't had that level of service though in several years since the evil empire took over the O.

Otherwise: Option 1 - if the +Red is that important to you, you might be buying the frames with placeholder lenses while you either scour feeBay or the exchange here till some pop up. Option 2 - you can look at aftermarket lenses that have a +Red clone from a company like Ikon. However, in your case I really wouldn't recommend aftermarket lenses if this is your first Oakley, because that'd be a disservice to you. If you've never had a pair of Oakely's as you say, you really need to wear Oakley lenses in them so you can enjoy the technology and clarity that they offer. - Just my humble opinion on the matter.

Yeah, the options don't have +red for custom, nor is +red offered in the replacement lense section for Frogs either. But you can still get the crystal black frame and choose from the lense options that are available. It won't be the red to purple to orange color the +red gives but the sapphire iridium will give you a nice blue to purple hue and you can get that one in standard or polarized. Ruby will give you the Red to yellow/orange but without the blue. Either option gives you some of the +Red but not the whole thing.

You can always try to call Oakley at the 1-800# just to see if maybe they have some warranty +Reds in stock that they can sell you. I've done that many a time in the past, though nowadays LuxOakley is kinda hit or miss on what you can get with them usually saying nowadays, "we only have what's listed online". Used to, customer reps would put me on hold and actually look around HQ to see if what I was looking for was laying around (seriously ask me about my wiretap adventure of 2006 sometime :p). Haven't had that level of service though in several years since the evil empire took over the O.

Otherwise: Option 1 - if the +Red is that important to you, you might be buying the frames with placeholder lenses while you either scour feeBay or the exchange here till some pop up. Option 2 - you can look at aftermarket lenses that have a +Red clone from a company like Ikon. However, in your case I really wouldn't recommend aftermarket lenses if this is your first Oakley, because that'd be a disservice to you. If you've never had a pair of Oakely's as you say, you really need to wear Oakley lenses in them so you can enjoy the technology and clarity that they offer. - Just my humble opinion on the matter.

Once again thanks! I really appreciate all your help and time! I followed you advice and I have phoned them and guess what... they´ve told me exactly what you said: "We only have what´s listed on the web". I asked if they had some stock left or something but the lady didn´t care much to look for it.

I think the best option is to get a pair of frogs with crystal black frame and get the lenses somewhere else like ebay.

By the way, I found a gen 2 frogs with this combination on ebay but the seller is asking 400$ for them... :confused:

Latest Posts

Back