• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Here's the new x metal

Pictures are still out there for those that search. The Madman, I just don't know what to say there, seems like Oliver Peoples sent some peoples over to help and that's what happened. Initial thought is ugly. Badman looks pretty cool, and I think as a new generation of X-Metal, if this is it, a square model is a good frame to have and shares a lot of design cues with X-Metal Gen 1. The price is exorbitant though, no question.

Yeah, aside from refinishing work, original x-metals aren't going anywhere - there'll be plenty of tuneup work still needed...

But it does make me wonder - if these plastic nosebridges turn out to be wear pieces that eventually break and need to be replaced, that could be a problem. We all know Oakley doesn't sell replacement parts like that; they make you send them in. And I don't see us fabbing our own replacement nosebridges as easily as rivets and coupler rubber...

@qtrain23, 3D printer?

Late to the discussion. Gotta say I am liking them both. At least they are showing a little innovation and fresh styling in the design. Madman should appeal to the people who dig the mars / moon styling. I like the nose bridges on both. The only thing I am not jazzed about is the price point.

Latest Posts

Back