• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook Black Ink Request

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
Hi fellas,
After a couple of complicated days here in Mex City I'm back, and I've come with a request. This morning I recieved a Holbrook I bought a while ago through ebay (reputable seller), as I checked it out, I found a few things that make me wonder if it is all oem. The lenses check out, I took them out and they are perfect, the polarized etching is straight an the font looks legit, but the frame makes me nervous; the finish is a bit rough compared to my only other brook (matte clear sw ed) some slight sharp edges here and there, the sku print looks pixelated and weird (number does match style), and the nose piece line is different in both sides (one side has a line, the other is almost gone). The shades came in a box which I believe is real, numbers match, stickers match, the warranty paperwork match, it even came with the blue "P" sticker in the lens and the plastic sleeve in one arm.
I'm thinking my OCD is acting on me with the frame not being perfect, but I'd like to check with the forum as I can still ask for a refund. Does anyone has this same model (Black Ink/ Jade Polar oo9102-69) so I can compare mine with yours? I just want to see if the frame quality is the same (can you flex the legs a little? My other brook seems sturdier) and see if the sku is as "cheaply" printed as mine.
Thanks in advance

IMG_5776.JPG

IMG_5777.JPG

IMG_5778.JPG

IMG_5779.JPG

IMG_5780.JPG

IMG_5781.JPG

IMG_5782.JPG

IMG_5783.JPG

IMG_5784.JPG

IMG_5785.JPG

IMG_5786.JPG

IMG_5787.JPG

IMG_5788.JPG

IMG_5789.JPG

IMG_5790.JPG

I have no experience with Brooks but I have noticed new frames from oaklux starting to look and feel cheaper than they used to less quality and attention to detail and more mass produced. So my guess would be they are what they say they are but the end product isn't what it used to be.

I don't think you have a fake pair there. You may just be over analysing the frame that's come off a mass production line and slipped through QA/QC (not that I can see any issues with the frame at all). All the tells of an OEM product are there and if it turns out to be a fake, then it is the best fake I've seen to date.

Back