• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holebrook Metal Lense selections?

lunatics

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, I was curious if there were any other lense options of the option to customize a pair of Holbrook Metals. I am not sure if I am missing it or if because they are new that is not an option but they do not seem to have the biggest selection of lenses available for those glasses on their website. I was hoping to get Black Iridium Polarized but do not see any options aside from the Saphire Prizm?

Just curious if I should wait if I am interested in the Metal Holbrooks or if this is probably what the options are going to be for them, thanks.

Its hard to tell this early on. Some models never get replacement lenses listed on the site.

When I looked at this frame in the store I noticed it's orbital was similar to a Spike or Inmate where it doesn't have a screw holding the orbital together, its solid. This makes lenses changes awful.

They won't release any replacement lenses for Holbrook Metal if it stays true to what Oakley has been doing for replacements. If you need a tool to change the lens, they will not release lenses. And unfortunately they have stopped allowing dealers to order them from warranty which used to be the wonderful loophole.

I don't care so much about buying replacement lenses afterwards I'm looking for more of Oakley's lense options available from the factory or their website or sunglass hut etc where it seems they only have maybe 5 options for the glasses and no "customize" on the site unless I am missing it.

The fact you mention that you cannot really replace the lenses on these does affect my decision however. As much as I do not plan on swapping out lenses on a regular basis, if they were to break or get scratched I would like the option to replace my lenses instead of the whole pair of glasses and I feel like a metal frame could last me a long time.

May have to rethink my decision on which glasses I wanted to go with and look into plastic regular Holbrooks or other models.

These are all the options currently available. I doubt they'll show up on Custom as very few metal frames do. The Prizm Black Polarized might work for you. It's a nice combo with the gunmetal.
Holbrook Metal Matte Black w/ Grey
Holbrook Metal Matte Black w/ +Red Iridium
Holbrook Metal Satin Chrome w/ Black Iridium
Holbrook Metal Matte Black w/ Jade Iridium
Holbrook Metal Matte Gunmetal w/ Torch Iridium Polarized
Holbrook Metal Matte Gunmetal w/ Prizm Black Polarized
Holbrook Metal Matte Gunmetal w/ Prizm Sapphire Polarized
Holbrook Metal Satin Gold w/ Dark Grey

These are all the options currently available. I doubt they'll show up on Custom as very few metal frames do. The Prizm Black Polarized might work for you. It's a nice combo with the gunmetal.
Holbrook Metal Matte Black w/ Jade Iridium
Holbrook Metal Matte Gunmetal w/ Prizm Black Polarized
Holbrook Metal Matte Gunmetal w/ Prizm Sapphire Polarized

Thank you for that. They had a saphire pair at the sunglass hut I was at last night but it did not say polarized on it, however it was $220 (the cost of that version on oakleys website) and the tag did not have much info and the sales rep did not seem to know much about it and I did like the look and style of it but I didn't have accurate information if it may be what I was looking for or not. Going to try and find another store today and see if they have a wider selection of things to look at and try on. Out of curiosity, do you know the light transmition of the Prizm Black Polarized vs the Prizm Sapphire Polarized? I'm assuming the Black Polarized is similar to Black Iridium Polarized? Is the iridium just the mirror effect? If the sapphire ones I tried on were Polarized I did like them but I'd like to know the light transmition of them and wish I knew that of the pair of my friend Oakleys I have been trying as I want something a little darker and this store is inside of a mall so it's hard to get a good idea of how they will look outside during the day.

Then there's the fact that you say the lenses are not replaceable/easily replaceable or require tools to do so. I'm not trying to have lenses on hand to swap out for different daily activities but I really would like the option to replace/repair them if they got damaged instead of having to buy a new pair of $200+ sunglasses so now I don't know if I should even get the metal ones heh.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
The prizm black is darker than the sapphire and i think pretty close to regular black irid polar. Most stores if you're nice and leave some collateral would let you take them outside.

i have the Prizm Black Iridium Polarized Holbrook Metal and i love it. i have 2 pairs in my collection that have Prizm Black Polar and it is extremely similar to regular Black Iridum Polarized except that colors look much better through it. i prefer the Prizm version for sure. the outside of the lens looks the same besides the etching, the iridium coating is the same amount. looking through them the tint color is the same and seems to be the same darkness level, like i said colors just pop more with the Prizm version.

5zliu0.jpg

Well that's good to know. I don't have any experience with sunglasses and removing lenses but I ended up going with a pair of Sapphire prizm metals and I like them so far despite it being cloudy for the past 4 days and not getting to use them. It's good to know though that I can remove the lenses and maybe at some point replace them if I ever wanted to or they got damaged.

Back