• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How easy is to replace X-Squared Lenses

I also had the same setup as you. Brand new XS with OEM ruby. I swapped it out early to put in some DWP and ruined the ruby.

The same happened to me. I wanted to remove the deep ruby lenses to preserve it but ended up ruining it. The lenses were hard to remove and when I exerted a bit of force, the Iridium spider cracked on me.

XS lenses are super easy to swap out. Just use the pad of your index finger to keep the orbitals spread far enough. Set the inner edge of the lens in the nose side of the frame first and then slowly let the orbital come back together around the lens.

Manipulate the orbital around the lens so you don't have to pop the lens into place.

I guess I’m in the minority. I have found XS the easiest. I have only had to do it twice on those warranty frames that popped up last year and bought some new BI lenses from the warrenty office that they still had listed a year ago. It popped in very easy with no issues. Maybe near the end of production the orbitals increased or lenses were smaller. 🤷‍♂️

mars are by far the worst. I hope to never have to do that again 😆. Juliet’s can also be a pain with difernet orbital sizes. Whenever I get a new frame I always play musical chairs with lenses to see which one will fit.

just make sure you have a good T-6. Don’t use cheap crap ones. You can get a good one on amazon fairly cheap.

Someone should maybe post a video on how to properly swap XS lenses? I have a pair coming in the mail within the next few days as well and I have had a lot of input from people on the forum. But a detailed video would help a **** ton!

Someone should maybe post a video on how to properly swap XS lenses? I have a pair coming in the mail within the next few days as well and I have had a lot of input from people on the forum. But a detailed video would help a **** ton!
there's a few on youtube if you google it. The music is awful so I would mute it

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back