• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Help On Painting Glasses Or Where To Go?

the rubber trim and nosebridge print color looks way wrong!! fake i'd say...icon has odd gaps

As a person that has already gone through two sets of earsocks, I know that when wear out, especially if you leave em out in the sun for quite a while, they will begin to turn to that aqua color. I personally don't believe at ll that those are fake, and the gap on the 'O' may just be a trick of the light.

your pair, but nose paint is same as sox and I have yet to see one that color. Icons are snog, never have a gap that size near the center post thing...and I have had lots of xx in my time with never seeing the rubber change like that, just get gunky and ugly from hair products usually...I have several sets of the blue trim on hand for those and the color is much darker...may be wrong, but it would be a first...will have to see em to know I guess, could be a flash screwing with the color if you used a flash

I sold exactly the same pair months ago and I can say your pair is legit.

Here is a pic of mine. As you can see there are reflections on the icons, but they are undamaged. It's just because they are chrome below the blue coating.
z9al9xse.jpg

Oh, the picture of the Twenties I posted up aren't mine. I found that photo on the web to use as a reference for the color. However mine did kinda look like that when they were getting very old, but mine are legit as I purchased them through the Oakley catalog at the time.

I sold exactly the same pair months ago and I can say your pair is legit.

Here is a pic of mine. As you can see there are reflections on the icons, but they are undamaged. It's just because they are chrome below the blue coating.
z9al9xse.jpg
this pair is legit, the other "reference pic" is a fake. The color is much darker and deeper in the blue, and the coating is smooth as silk...Look at the other and it is almost textured. All good though lol...

And to replicate the lettering across the nose, I can't do. My plotter won't cut that small. That's like 1mm or so wide (the letters themselves), just too small.

Back