• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to remove the pin out???

Weestenosis

Oakley Expert
I am trying to dyi my juliet. How ever i think i did not align the nose bridge before taking the pin out. Resulted unable to remove the pin...please see the photos... i need urgent help here. Luckily the frame is very strong.... i tried to use cutter to cut the pin but my cutter broke at the tip....wow i thought the pin is made from pewter...softer material so that it can be change in years....
20170202_002624.jpg
20170202_002604.jpg
20170202_002537.jpg
20170202_003112.jpg

The pins are stainless so a bit softer than the titanium of the nose so hopefully the nose hole isn't damaged yet. Like a others have said either send it in to someone or if you have a dremel with a small grinding stone tip grind away the pin from the inside of the nose carefully to get it out. I've had to do it a few times. Occasionally pins do get stuck.

The main thing to remember is when things start to go sideways stop and think about what you're doing.these are the absolute top of the line sunglasses,don't force things. Or pay a professional to do with the right way.

Looks like the pin mushroomed inside the bridge. I used a dremel and slowly/carefully cut enough off the end so the inside just came right out. Or send them to the x-man. Good luck.
I was thinking of using dremel.... but is there any small cutter to fit inside the nosebridge where you insert the orbitals?

Back