• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ideas For This Xx

Gecko

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
California
Well i purchased this from a forum member in a deal that went south and the member poofed. So saddly to say im stuck with a 300 buck pile o crap im desiding what to do with. So figured id see if you all had any ideas. I was thinking of sending to xman but you will see the problem is the crack in the frame. Right at the ear steam part of the orbital.

To begin when i recieved these they were so badly tweaked i removed the orbital to see why... if you have ever had xmetals apart you probably can see how bent the inner part of the nose is in the pic. So i did my best to correct that. Then reassembled..and as some the crappy polish job flaked off i was left looking at this crack. So now im just debating what to do. They are wearable atm...sort of lol. Unless someone has a spare orbital laying around im not sure its worth trying to have xman refinish.
asa7uhes.jpg

e9ahyqaj.jpg

uvyre7yn.jpg

9a5upe5a.jpg

Wish i knew. Maybe thats why the guy polished them to hide it and sell them off to someone..... but yea im not sure how it happened.

Special brass punch slowly and carefully so i could reuse. Crack is on the top right near where you screw in the arm. On the piece extending out. Not on the orbital itself.

Special brass punch slowly and carefully so i could reuse. Crack is on the top right near where you screw in the arm. On the piece extending out. Not on the orbital itself.

Can you take a pic and mark the cracked area? Is it on the first pic? Still not sure where the crack is. If it's on the part which extends out (the part which the temple shocks go into), how bad is it cracked? All the way through?