• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

IH lenses

I bought some lenses bnib in box a few years ago and when i checked again there were some peelings.

These were juliet and xx lenses and were stored in a cool and sealed place

Very true. It can happen. I bought several pairs of old stock lenses and this did occur. I would assume that many factors could cause this to happen. Then again I have had many pairs still BNIB for years and they are perfect.

Very true. It can happen. I bought several pairs of old stock lenses and this did occur. I would assume that many factors could cause this to happen. Then again I have had many pairs still BNIB for years and they are perfect.
I had a couple pair of lenses for a Julie in a drawer from a dresser I used in college. Has moved with me 3 times over the last 10 years. Now that I've gotten back into metals I pulled those lenses out. All perfect, and that dresser has been through some crap, lol. Wonder what makes some of them peel like that. Humidity maybe?

That's the one; I bought some Ice XS lenses from him a couple weeks back and some Juliet Ice Polarized lenses yesterday and the XS lenses were first rate OEM. He's odd in that he only accepts ProPay but its secure; he's in SoCal so clearly he has a source for lenses...maybe old stock in some non-Oakley branded stores or even someone inside HQ- who knows but regardless all the feedback and my personal experience is that he's 100% legit.
yeah bought a fire as well and emeralds they are legit for sure hope stock never runs out but who knows.

I got a set of those last year and the color was beautyfull,too good of a beveled edge to be home made. I like what xmetalmaniac did for me and gave me a polarized cut of violet.

i guess it is a hit and miss and i am buying only when i need them even if i have to pay premium price

From what I've read, it can happen sometimes with polarized but is considered a manufacturing defect and not a general inevitability...

Hmm. I always blamed the peeling of my replacement polarized ice lenses on the beach. Wonder if it was that instead, or if it exasperated it.

Wonder if it was that instead, or if it exasperated it.
You may very well have exasperated it during your tenure but I suspect that it is more likely that you exacerbated it.
Sincerely, The Grammar Nazi
:)

Back