• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introduce Yourself!

Hi! Super new to the Oakley scene. I have exactly one pair of Oakley's - a pair of 1st gen Ruby Juliets I got around 2001 because Cyclops is my favorite X-man and I thought they looked so awesome in the first movie. I remember saving up all year to get them. They were my first really big purchase ever. Unfortunately, I had no idea of their limited or collectible nature and kinda just wore them around and didn't take good care of them besides having them in a soft vault. The OEM lenses got really scratched up and I ended up replacing them - first with a pair of Oakley 'fruby', but I really missed that ruby look so later I just bought some cheapy lenses that looked close to the ruby color. I remember I kept the original lenses but lost them along with the packaging and coin over the years. Luckily I still have the actual glasses. I kinda forgot about them until recently.

I recently got diagnosed with an eye condition that I need to wear sunglasses around to prevent from getting worse. So I dug them out and seeing how old they are, decided to look up if I could get another pair and remembered wanting the Penny's back in the day as well. Seeing the price of those, I realized their collectible nature and started learning more about the entire X-Metal line and history.

Anyway, the TLDR is: I'm new here, just learning about X-metals and my beater pair of ruby Juliets. Really interested in everything I'm learning!

Welcome to the Oakley Forum, A Community for Oakley Sunglasses Lovers. We love all thing Oakley's and would love to here about your love of Oakley.

Start in this area of the forum to say Hi, and introduce yourself to the forum.

Make sure you read the forum rules: Forum Rules

Then jump into some Oakley conversations!

Welcome to the Oakley Forum!
Hello everyone...

Cliff from Malaysia here... 1st knew about Oakley in the late '80s as I was into BMXes then, but only began collecting a little more than 10yrs ago.

I incorporate my prescription lenses into my favourite Oakley frames since I'm kinda blind without powered lenses...🤪 Hence, I only collect full rimmed frames.

I have almost 100 frames now, but many are just the same series but of different colours...like 6 Monster Dogs, 2 M. Doggles, 6 O. Scars, 5 O. Eye Jackets 3rd Gen., 3 Eye Jackets 2nd Gen., 4 O. Twenties, 4 O. Straight Jackets, 8 O. Fives, 4 O. FatCats, etc. For X-Metals, I've only a titanium finished O. Romeo & a chromed O. Penny. The rest are just too many for me to list 'em down now... Lol!

Greetings to all of u here & will sharr some pics once they're taken...

Take care in these trying times now, everyone...and God bless each of u abundantly IN Jesus' Name, amen! ✌🏾

Hi, Rob here from Maryland. Got my first and only set of Juliets 15 years ago, added prescription lenses and have been wearing since. I needed a little rework from the X Man and they have been good as new since...other than the lenses not being strong enough and quite beat up. But I still love those things and have no plans on giving them up.

Hello everyone...

Cliff from Malaysia here... 1st knew about Oakley in the late '80s as I was into BMXes then, but only began collecting a little more than 10yrs ago.

I incorporate my prescription lenses into my favourite Oakley frames since I'm kinda blind without powered lenses...🤪 Hence, I only collect full rimmed frames.

I have almost 100 frames now, but many are just the same series but of different colours...like 6 Monster Dogs, 2 M. Doggles, 6 O. Scars, 5 O. Eye Jackets 3rd Gen., 3 Eye Jackets 2nd Gen., 4 O. Twenties, 4 O. Straight Jackets, 8 O. Fives, 4 O. FatCats, etc. For X-Metals, I've only a titanium finished O. Romeo & a chromed O. Penny. The rest are just too many for me to list 'em down now... Lol!

Take care in these trying times now, everyone...and God bless each of u abundantly IN Jesus' Name, amen! ✌🏾
Hi, Rob here from Maryland. Got my first and only set of Juliets 15 years ago, added prescription lenses and have been wearing since. I needed a little rework from the X Man and they have been good as new since...other than the lenses not being strong enough and quite beat up. But I still love those things and have no plans on giving them up.
welcome

Hi! Super new to the Oakley scene. I have exactly one pair of Oakley's - a pair of 1st gen Ruby Juliets I got around 2001 because Cyclops is my favorite X-man and I thought they looked so awesome in the first movie. I remember saving up all year to get them. They were my first really big purchase ever. Unfortunately, I had no idea of their limited or collectible nature and kinda just wore them around and didn't take good care of them besides having them in a soft vault. The OEM lenses got really scratched up and I ended up replacing them - first with a pair of Oakley 'fruby', but I really missed that ruby look so later I just bought some cheapy lenses that looked close to the ruby color. I remember I kept the original lenses but lost them along with the packaging and coin over the years. Luckily I still have the actual glasses. I kinda forgot about them until recently.

I recently got diagnosed with an eye condition that I need to wear sunglasses around to prevent from getting worse. So I dug them out and seeing how old they are, decided to look up if I could get another pair and remembered wanting the Penny's back in the day as well. Seeing the price of those, I realized their collectible nature and started learning more about the entire X-Metal line and history.

Anyway, the TLDR is: I'm new here, just learning about X-metals and my beater pair of ruby Juliets. Really interested in everything I'm learning!
Hello everyone...

Aloha and welcome to the forum. Great to have all of you aboard. :welcome:

IMG_3892.gif

Back