• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is it genuine.. Romeo 1 frame (Video)

I thought the OP mentioned this was sold as a polished frame originally. If so, when did it change to plated?
Yes. Interesting point. @Tavers and @fredam2008, if you are agreeable, please send complete transcripts of your conversation (and original advertisement, if possible) to one of the mods. Please ensure your screenshots, overlap with the same text, so that it's clear that parts of conversation have not been left out.
The magnet test is BS. Chrome plating is mostly made of nickel(which has ferromagnetic properties). Before doing a video, you should do some research

Don’t try to outsmart an expert in the field of MRI. Because you just are making yourself look like a fool
I have no idea about chroming things. I read somewhere that if there is a nickel undercoat for the chromium the aluminium will appear to be weakly magnetic, otherwise not. Nickel plating is weakly magnetic. So I would guess that this is nickel plated and is chromed.

The fact that the weight is off by 13 grams, mmmmmm bit of a give away.
But if something is chromed, is this not an unreasonable weight gain for the frame?
Removing the fact that it’s magnetic from the equation, that still doesn’t explain the misshapen ear stem tips and other areas. I’m interested to see what the the conclusion is
I can understand that if the frame was plated, everything will look "chunkier". But it's hard to explain why the ear tips are actually smaller than standard. Normally the fakes have a weird curved inward

I think the right thing to do would be for the seller to acknowledge that the oakley experts with experience in these frames have deemed it to be not as described and to fully compensate the buyer. Failure to do so I think will mean that most forum members will not do business with him in future. What are the official rules regarding a member selling another member faulty goods @cacatman ?
Good morning,
The rules aren't that explicit. However, common decency (on side of seller) AND due diligence (on side of buyer) should occur.
"Are you lying to someone about anything? This could be as simple as your geographical location (if you are in Nigeria, don't make claims that you are in California). We actually don't care where people are from, but we don't like liars (from anywhere)."(Forum Rules)

"1) Proceed at your own risk - The marketplace is a "use at your own risk" setup. Oakley Forum Staff will not be involved in any mediation, issue management etc. for any deals performed on the site. We do not have the facts, have no vested interest in the deals, and have no legal authority. The feedback system should be used for any bad deals, which is monitored by the Staff and members banned appropriately." (Exchange Guidelines)

There is one seller here that I know of, who will 100% give your money back, EVEN if you change your mind about their item. It's understandable therefore, why @X-Metal Beast has the highest recorded sales rating on O.F. There may be others that offer this level of service.

The following is speaking for myself, and not the other admins.

Banning someone is the most severe reasonable consequence that can be given on an online forum.

I'd ban if it's proven that the seller has deliberately tried to deceive AND won't rectify the situation. I'd do this even on a first offence. I'd determine this, based on the details of what was agreed to, via screenshots of the entire conversation, and what was written in the advertisement (ie. I need actual proof). It's unlikely I'd ban if there was no provided written proof and the deal and details were conducted over the phone. I may or may not speak directly to the individuals involved. At least, this is how I "run it" in another group I admin. In that group, I also ban for being belligerent or blocking any mod, because I reason that if you're rude even to a mod/admin, what hope does a normal member have of being treated in a half decent way. I have also banned for spam and numerous infractions of our rules/direct instructions.

Yes. Interesting point. @Tavers and @fredam2008, if you are agreeable, please send complete transcripts of your conversation (and original advertisement, if possible) to one of the mods. Please ensure your screenshots, overlap with the same text, so that it's clear that parts of conversation have not been left out.

I have no idea about chroming things. I read somewhere that if there is a nickel undercoat for the chromium the aluminium will appear to be weakly magnetic, otherwise not. Nickel plating is weakly magnetic. So I would guess that this is nickel plated and is chromed.

But if something is chromed, is this not an unreasonable weight gain for the frame?

I can understand that if the frame was plated, everything will look "chunkier". But it's hard to explain why the ear tips are actually smaller than standard. Normally the fakes have a weird curved inward

Good morning,
The rules aren't that explicit. However, common decency (on side of seller) AND due diligence (on side of buyer) should occur.
"Are you lying to someone about anything? This could be as simple as your geographical location (if you are in Nigeria, don't make claims that you are in California). We actually don't care where people are from, but we don't like liars (from anywhere)."(Forum Rules)

"1) Proceed at your own risk - The marketplace is a "use at your own risk" setup. Oakley Forum Staff will not be involved in any mediation, issue management etc. for any deals performed on the site. We do not have the facts, have no vested interest in the deals, and have no legal authority. The feedback system should be used for any bad deals, which is monitored by the Staff and members banned appropriately." (Exchange Guidelines)

There is one seller here that I know of, who will 100% give your money back, EVEN if you change your mind about their item. It's understandable therefore, why @X-Metal Beast has the highest recorded sales rating on O.F. There may be others that offer this level of service.

The following is speaking for myself, and not the other admins.

Banning someone is the most severe reasonable consequence that can be given on an online forum.

I'd ban if it's proven that the seller has deliberately tried to deceive AND won't rectify the situation. I'd do this even on a first offence. I'd determine this, based on the details of what was agreed to, via screenshots of the entire conversation, and what was written in the advertisement (ie. I need actual proof). It's unlikely I'd ban if there was no provided written proof and the deal and details were conducted over the phone. I may or may not speak directly to the individuals involved. At least, this is how I "run it" in another group I admin. In that group, I also ban for being belligerent or blocking any mod, because I reason that if you're rude even to a mod/admin, what hope does a normal member have of being treated in a half decent way. I have also banned for spam and numerous infractions of our rules/direct instructions.

I don’t think anyone here mentioned a ban. I believe the buyer just wants clarification as to what he actually purchased so he can figure out how to handle the situation

🎉

originals.jpg