• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is This A Fake Kitchen Sink?

After looking up the leather edition it really does have all the same features except that it isnt leather. One of the descriptions I read on the leather edition states it is based on the "legacy kitchen sink" which makes me think its just an older version of what they currently sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just by those photos, I can tell that its authentic. Looks great. Its probably the older one, but I can't say for sure. It still looks great. I recently just got the sheet metal grey Panel Pack for myself, and if I didn't already have that, I would be making an offer to get this Kitchen Sink from you...hahaha

Yeah, the more I look into it the more I can see that it is a legit bag. But I just cant place the age on it. I found a youtube review video from May 2011 that shows the Kitchen Sink w/ all the features this one is missing, so I can only assume this thing is more than 3 years old. Im going to contact the seller about returning it. Legit or not its the old version of the bag and he should indicate that on his listing. Im not paying $200 for an old version of the bag.

Or it could be a variant or a defect. Looking at the photo of the tag, the barcode UPC number is 883889905044 and the model number is 92060-001, both of which are shown clearly on the tag. I did a search and all I came up with were photos and info of the backpack with the holsters on the straps and drainage holes on the bottom. So again, very odd that this one doesn't have all that but yet the numbers on the tag reflect their current Kitchen Sink.

Curious to see what Oakley has to say about this....

Yeah, the more I look into it the more I can see that it is a legit bag. But I just cant place the age on it. I found a youtube review video from May 2011 that shows the Kitchen Sink w/ all the features this one is missing, so I can only assume this thing is more than 3 years old. Im going to contact the seller about returning it. Legit or not its the old version of the bag and he should indicate that on his listing. Im not paying $200 for an old version of the bag.

He may not know it was an old version. You could actually still buy "old stock" item today in a vault and they are "still new" Oakley is always changing their stuff, so you may get a "new" bag at one store and a different one is available at another store. Don't blame the seller as he may not know........

So I spoke to someone at Oakley this morning. The rep stated its probably a defect. From what he knows and from what he could look up they do not/did not have a version of the standard Kitchen Sink that does not have those features. The fact that the attached tag advertises these features makes him think it is a defect. Maybe somehow a bag (or bags) got the wrong shoulder straps put on and sent out to market. Or if it is an old version its older than any version he has a record for. I've already contacted Amazon about returning it and ordered one straight from Oakley.

As i had mentioned, its a defect after all. Strange coz i could not find anything about a kitchen sink, old or new, with all those details missing. So it must be a defect.

During the After Thanksgiving Sale (2014), I purchased an Icon 3.0 pack from my local O-store. I brought it home and showed it to my brother who also has an Icon 3.0 pack. To our surprise, we did notice some differences. One Icon 3.0 pack had drain holes while the other did not. The straps were also quite different. I took back the Icon 3.0 back to the O-store and I talked to the Asst Store Manager. We checked all the Icon 3.0 they had on stock and sure enough they had 2 different kinds of Icon 3.0. I wonder if the same thing happened to your Kitchen Sink....

These are legit! But you have the revised version. I have the very first Kitchen Sink and it has two drain holes at the bottom compartment and all the zipper pull tabs are cable wires and not those red pull tabs. I removed the waist belt on mine and put it somewhere but I remember the locks on those where metal and had smaller pockets integrated in them. The back pack straps have some leather trim also and have mini stretch pockets with velcro straps on each side.Hope this helps.

Back