• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jawbreaker Perfected

michfitkid

Oakley Beginner
This is an email I've sent to Oakley twice. Jump in if you agree or have any recommendations.

I'm currently wearing the Jawbreaker for MTB and road cycling and the Prizm Trail and Fire Iridium Polarized lenses are amazing. The arms fit under helmet straps great and I thought I had purchased the perfect cycling glasses. Unfortunately, testing proved otherwise.

First, sweat is unavoidable during performance activities and the sweat runs off the forehead directly on to the inside of the lens, rendering the glasses useless for the remainder of the ride.

• Solution - Foam Surround for the Jawbreaker like my Oakley goggles have. Clip on, stick on, whatever. I'll pay whatever an accessory like this would cost and so would millions of cyclists.
Second, with sweat and movement, the glasses slide down the nose which is an annoyance and also compounds the first issue of sweat on the inside of the lens.
  • Solution - An elastic strap that attaches to the Jawbreaker arms or replacement arms for the Jawbreaker that would work with your current strap for the M Frame and some other models (the strap that connects a plastic knob into a hole on the arms).
A Jawbreaker with foam surrounds and a goggle strap. Active eyewear perfected!

Thank you for considering my feedback for future product development. I'll be waiting to perfect my Jawbreakers!

JB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always found venting is better than any kind of absorbent pad that just gets groady with use. Obviously it remains an issue for yourself, so maybe you need more venting? On me, the venting makes it so the sweat is blown sideways around my eyes, or gets stuck in my eyebrows and evaporates there.
Wind Jacket 2.0 has most of the features you describe, but is designed with snow sports in mind.
Flight Jacket would not accept foam because there is no top to the frame, but it comes with two sets of temples (short and regular) to allow you to put the two side attachment points wherever suits your helmet.

I've already spent $300 on their "optimum" cycling glasses so I'd like to buy accessories that help them function for the sport they're designed for. As for the sweat issue, vents don't do much for hard sweating when riding in hot and humid weather. The foam may get gross, but I'd keep buying replacements if they were available. The Wind Jacket 2.0 is pretty close, but they don't offer any lens options for what I want. Prizm Trail is amazing.

You might also want to look at accessories for your head. A breathable skull cap that absorbs the sweat before it starts down your forehead may solve the issue better than anything Oakley could ever offer. That works for me in a military context.

Latest Posts

Back