• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

jiveSEVEN's growing frog pond and others collection

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but after reading another tread I found out about the detolf, bought one, and like it very much. How do you add shelves?

I added 3 extra shelves so it could hold more glasses, but i'm already out of room. I either need to A) Buy a bigger case or B) rearrange and stuff them in there. I have yet to display the new frames i've picked up lately. But anyways, run to your local Lowes, Home Depot, or local hardware store and buy wire rope grips. You'll need 4 for each shelf you want to put in.

Here's a couple pics of what they look like:

You'll also need to go to a glass shop and get the shelves custom cut. Use the same measurements as the glass that's already in the Detolf case. I did opt to have them be a bit thicker at 1/4" and cut with a pencil edge so i don't slice my hand while reaching in for glasses. Also buy the rubber feet for glass table tops so the glass can sit on the wire ropes.

The project cost me a total of $40, with the bulk of it for the glass. Glass is expensive! But the end result is well worth it.

Here's a quick shot of the case how it is today. Again not all of my collection is in there because it won't fit yet, but should be a good pic to show how it looks after adding the shelves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I added 3 extra shelves so it could hold more glasses, but i'm already out of room. I either need to A) Buy a bigger case or B) rearrange and stuff them in there. I have yet to display the new frames i've picked up lately. But anyways, run to your local Lowes, Home Depot, or local hardware store and buy wire rope grips. You'll need 4 for each shelf you want to put in.

You'll also need to go to a glass shop and get the shelves custom cut. Use the same measurements as the glass that's already in the Detolf case. I did opt to have them be a bit thicker at 1/4" and cut with a pencil edge so i don't slice my hand while reaching in for glasses. Also buy the rubber feet for glass table tops so the glass can sit on the wire ropes.

The project cost me a total of $40, with the bulk of it for the glass. Glass is expensive! But the end result is well worth it.

Thanks for the info