• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet facts, and other misc info wanted.

My questn has always been is there a way to tell production date or even month/year by the serial numbers. Do they keep track of that?

Also, what was the time frame they produced no serials or skus?

My questn has always been is there a way to tell production date or even month/year by the serial numbers. Do they keep track of that?

Also, what was the time frame they produced no serials or skus?

No, there's no way to determine specific production date.

General timeframes of markings are these:

from 1999 to 2004 with serial number
from 2004 to 2008 unmarked
from 2008 to 2012 with SKU

Good to know! Thank you. Too bad they didn't have a registry that logged production dates. Useless I guess, just interesting for us.

I've always wanted to know this - good info

I know I've got a pair of Juliet's that were bought prior to 2004 with out any markings. Are they like cars, where you can buy a 2004 in the fall of 2003?

I know I've got a pair of Juliet's that were bought prior to 2004 with out any markings. Are they like cars, where you can buy a 2004 in the fall of 2003?

Would need more details on what you have. Specifically it was around December 2004 when serials were discontinued.

Unmarked, legit frames prior to then could be one of three things:

1. A warranty frame. Some of those had a "W" prefixed serial but others were unmarked, IIRC.
2. A faded serial. 1st gen Ti and Plasma had problems with the serial fading, sometimes you can still see a ghost of it if viewed in the correct lighting at the correct angle. I have a 1st gen Ti like that.
3. A refinish job that destroyed or covered the serial.

20151209_163923.jpg
Would need more details on what you have. Specifically it was around December 2004 when serials were discontinued.

1. A warranty frame. Some of those had a "W" prefixed serial but others were unmarked, IIRC.
2. A faded serial. 1st gen Ti and Plasma had problems with the serial fading, sometimes you can still see a ghost of it if viewed in the correct lighting at the correct angle. I have a 1st gen Ti like that.
Polished/Fire Pol. Known the guy since 10/03 and he was wearing them 12/03 and after. I think he got them for Xmas03.

Got them from a guy who got them for XMas 03. Polished/Fire Pol.