• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Keep An Eye Out Tomorrow...

Well if it was a rush job like the Jawbone in 2008, someone snagged a $10K+ pair of Oakley's today. Now with more screen shots available it looks like a take on a sketch that has been posted either here or O-review in the past. The trademark was initially filled in August of last year, so wonder if the sketch was seen at RED?

Should we start checking EBay now

Here I was hoping for the next stage of electronic eyewear.

Not sure how a full-frame makes a Radar better. Less air flow, less peripheral vision, less lens options.

Should we start checking EBay now
LOL I have looked a few times. They were close enough to the barrier I think they got picked up by a fan for sure.

Wouldn't buy them, bad optics. Cav saw a whole that wasntnthere
Wouldn't be the first time he's done that either except he didn't go down with them. ;)

The only obvious benefit I see to this frame vs other shield frames is that it should protect the bottom edge of the lenses from the peeling that happens from touching your skin. Aside from that, not really sure what's going on with it. It looks interesting, but more from a "put it on display" point of view than a "put it on to wear" point of view.

For some reason I get an Xmen vibe off that frame too, idk why.

The only obvious benefit I see to this frame vs other shield frames is that it should protect the bottom edge of the lenses from the peeling that happens from touching your skin. Aside from that, not really sure what's going on with it. It looks interesting, but more from a "put it on display" point of view than a "put it on to wear" point of view.

Yeah, the function of the bottom is questionable. You made a point about sweat which does make sense.

I was thinking it was a measure to have as much lens security as a Radar without the nosepiece showing in the middle, but then again that hardly an issue since no one complains about that in full frames. Also guessed it was an aerodynamic measure like the Jawbone's jaws supposedly were, but it doesn't seem like it. Most confident take I have is it's lending to maybe a quicker Switchlock system than the Radarlock, which is a bit fiddly.

Back