• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Layne from Houston Galleria Store (Circa 2002-2004)

This was my home O- Store, the first in Houston. I used to have such a crush on this guy that worked there. He looked like a model. He had dark, almost black hair with very light green eyes. At the time he mentioned he was dating a Korean pop-singer. I've always wondered whether he moved up the Oakley ranks or eventually moved on to something entirely different.
Me and the Korean girl broke up...

After Jim Jannard took notice of my work ethic, I was relocated to HQ where I spent my days sketching designs that you now know as Madman and Badman ;)

I moved back to Houston after they shut the doors, but I'm out of the sunglasses business...

I now work remotely from home designing curtains for a high profile company in River Oaks...

I lied about it being a Korean girl, it was actually a dude. I got promoted to that guy who makes 1 Oakley shirt design and it's so boring that we put it on EVERYTHING. Hoodies, Long Sleeves, and Tees. Anyway, the merger kicked me out.

You can also follow me on social media if you want, just search for Salt Bae.

I am quite surprised to have gotten so many responses so quickly. I haven't been very active on the site since I signed up. I stay pretty busy. I initially joined because I have watches and old glasses that I no longer wear and was going to list for sale last year and forgot about it. I thought about it again yesterday and I read that I need to post a certain number of messages before I can list my items on the sale thread. Seeing what Layne is up to was the only thing that came to mind. I'm not sure what else to post; this is a little foreign compared to other board platforms where I typically post to friends and colleagues I am already familiar with.

I am quite surprised to have gotten so many responses so quickly. I haven't been very active on the site since I signed up. I stay pretty busy. I initially joined because I have watches and old glasses that I no longer wear and was going to list for sale last year and forgot about it. I thought about it again yesterday and I read that I need to post a certain number of messages before I can list my items on the sale thread. Seeing what Layne is up to was the only thing that came to mind. I'm not sure what else to post; this is a little foreign compared to other board platforms where I typically post to friends and colleagues I am already familiar with.
@OakleyFrankFMJ I WIN!

Time requirement met, gotta get that post count to 15! THERE'S DEALS TO BE HAD!

Yes, I have been slacking. I did originally sign up to sell some of my watches and glasses and became distracted. Do I need to post 15 actual threads? Do responses apply towards the count?

Me and the Korean girl broke up...

After Jim Jannard took notice of my work ethic, I was relocated to HQ where I spent my days sketching designs that you now know as Madman and Badman ;)

I moved back to Houston after they shut the doors, but I'm out of the sunglasses business...

I now work remotely from home designing curtains for a high profile company in River Oaks...

I see.

Yes, I have been slacking. I did originally sign up to sell some of my watches and glasses and became distracted. Do I need to post 15 actual threads? Do responses apply towards the count?
It's supposed to be 15 useful posts. I don't know who's version useful we are using here though. Let's let @dingo ate my baby decide.

Latest Posts

Back