• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LF/WTB: 24k Polarized Replacement Lenses For Holbrook

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Not sure if these are even out yet since the FMJ/24k polarized Holbrooks are still "coming soon" on the Oakley website.... Anyways if anyone can get these for me I'd really like to get them for my Shaun White signature series Holbrooks w/ polished white frame (originally came with 24k iridium lenses non-polarized) I really prefer polarized lenses that is why I'm looking for 'em.... Thanks for the help!

Some people reacted to this post.
As far as I know, these lenses will only be available with the Goldbrooks. Oakley usually doesn't make replacement lenses for the special edition pieces, especially one off stuff like this.

Username Hidden said:
Not sure if these are even out yet since the FMJ/24k polarized Holbrooks are still "coming soon" on the Oakley website.... Anyways if anyone can get these for me I'd really like to get them for my Shaun White signature series Holbrooks w/ polished white frame (originally came with 24k iridium lenses non-polarized) I really prefer polarized lenses that is why I'm looking for 'em.... Thanks for the help!

OR.....

you can get a Goldbrooks..and do a lens swap! =) and if you do that, i'll be the first to tell you, you're one very brave dude...ha! chipping the FMJ coating would be a heartbreaker!

^^haha yeah that is a good point, i mean polarized is not that big of a deal, plus i already have some polarized lenses for other frames so it's whatever.... but it kinda bugs me that oakley doesn't offer it for every single lens option.... i just really wanted the white frames since i just sold my matte white science fuel cells... and they don't have any polarized/white frame combo for these signature series holbrooks so if i want a polarized lens in that frame i will have to get replacement lenses....

but yeah jonoyong, honestly i probably will just get the FMJ goldbrooks if i can find 'em, i'm not gonna do a lens swap though lol.... i'll just rock those too and i guess i'll just have to deal without my white ones being polarized.... it's really not that big of a deal... woulda been nice though.... i was wondering though why are the FMJ's only $250? are they actually gold plated cuz i would think they would cost more if they were....

I doubt they're real gold plated. Just painted that way.

Username Hidden said:
^^haha yeah that is a good point, i mean polarized is not that big of a deal, plus i already have some polarized lenses for other frames so it's whatever.... but it kinda bugs me that oakley doesn't offer it for every single lens option.... i just really wanted the white frames since i just sold my matte white science fuel cells... and they don't have any polarized/white frame combo for these signature series holbrooks so if i want a polarized lens in that frame i will have to get replacement lenses....

but yeah jonoyong, honestly i probably will just get the FMJ goldbrooks if i can find 'em, i'm not gonna do a lens swap though lol.... i'll just rock those too and i guess i'll just have to deal without my white ones being polarized.... it's really not that big of a deal... woulda been nice though.... i was wondering though why are the FMJ's only $250? are they actually gold plated cuz i would think they would cost more if they were....

^^ yeah that's what i figured especially since gold is above $55 a gram right now.... would have to be such small amount of gold on those glasses for them to any make money on 'em at $250...

ha! no way will it be gold plated! just normal FMJ coating, of a gold colour. =) anyway the GoldBrooks are the first ever 24k Iridium Polarized lenses made, so who knows whether they will be made into a replacement lens option.

for a better idea of the GoldBrooks..

p1020177z.jpg