• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Looking for X-Metals. XSquared, juliets and interested in Romeos, etc.

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

I am looking primarily for XSquares, juliets and other x-metals in the carbon or black frames. The silver polished are a little too "blingie" for me but I can get them recoated. There are many I like on eBay but would rather go through this forum first. Any advice y'all could give me on what to watch out for and offers of what you might have to sale is greatly appreciated. I appreciate y'alls help and direction that you could provide for me.

Some people reacted to this post.
Good luck in your search good sir!

200-9.gif

Oh I get that. Just trying to nail down some estimates on what it'd cost for these services.

Username Hidden said:
Oh I get that. Just trying to nail down some estimates on what it'd cost for these services.
Well, you are definitely in the right place, that's for sure! Ebay will break it off in ya!

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
It's delusional not greed.

I see the same here in some sales ads.
Prices have increased by 30% for some X-Metal within the one year and a half.

$500+ for a Penny
$600+ for a Mars
$700+ for a XX
$700+ for a Mars Crater
$900+ for a R1
Just seen this on another thread.

Carbon x squared for sale

Any luck openboater?

Username Hidden said:
Well, you are definitely in the right place, that's for sure! Ebay will break it off in ya!
Don't write off acquiring stuff through Ebay Pal, Especially X Squared. In all colours it is still a relatively plentiful frame. I have a Polished one i would consider selling but your are better served imho getting a Factory Carbon or X metal. I do have an X Metal version but although I hardly wear any X Squared as it is probably my least favourite frame I want to keep at least one example. In my experience (I have bought about 40 pairs of XM in just over Two years) I have probably in 70 per cent of cases done better on Ebay.

Username Hidden said:
Any advice y'all could give me on what to watch out for
on the XSquared I recommend checking the temple stoppers. They are not as thick/firm as on the other Xmetals (Penny, R2 and Half-X do not have them) and therefore beaters commonly show some bending (worst case scenario de stopper is actually broken) leading to the stem ends scratching the inside of the lenses... repair is close to impossible as far as I know (bending them backward can lead to breaking them, as I know from my own experience)

Check the screws on the the XS nosebridge and R2 lenses as some use the wrong driver to open them leading to deformations that can result in a sometimes costly screw-extraction.

As for the Penny it is not uncommon that the hinge mecanism is worn (no "snap" when opening or closing the stems) but that should be repairable (I have read somethinge not sure though) and given the current market value of the penny it should be a bearable cost.

When buying carbon finshed Xmetals ask for pictures of the frame upside down. Commonly the colour fading of OEM Carbon finish starts on the bottom orbitals, nose area (ask to remove nose bombs for pictures), under the stems and outside of the stems.

Last edited: