• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking to purchase XXs or Romeos. Rough price? Buyers Guide?

my .02 having a fairly healthy sized noggin...factory tuned x squared fits me fine, XX fits me fine. xsquared have shorter stems which makes on and off easier with a hat on. xx earstems are longer, but are hammerstems, so its fairly close. juliets have longer straight stems which almost require putting them on like a visor from what ive read.

the tune of any x metal also plays a large part as well. if your head is the size of mine, 7 1/4-7 1/2 depending, and ya put on Juliets that are tuned super tight with 25 or 50 temple shocks, they are going to be outright miserable to wear. case and point, i do not like a super tight non-flexing tune, but some people on here do. they both have their advantages. when i first bought my XX from @Litos , they were so tight i wore them on rollercoasters at six flags with zero concerns of them flying off. eventually, the super tight tune relaxed, and i enjoyed wearing them more, and they became my daily, every single day sunglasses. about a year later, i had them refinished and tuned and spent weeks getting adjusted to seeing the future through the pressure. everyone will tell ya they like their x metals tight af, but thats subjective, i inadvertantly destroyed that re-finish in like 3 months, and had them retuned by a different member, who did a closer to stock oakley tune, and can say solidly i prefer a closer to OEM factory tune over super duper tight. So a broken in Juliet with appropriate temple shocks may be perfect, but your reference point is a factory tuned XX that was conformed to your head already. if you have forum members near you that own one or both, it may be worth trying different pairs on just to see. ive only worn two x metals ever, so i cant speak to the the others, but you should be safe with xs or xx.

price-wise, ive seen great wear pairs of XX go for as little as $300, but $425-450 is a good estimate depending on lenses, rubbers, case, box or not, etc.

Last edited:
I have Romeo XX w/ice in really good condition for sale , box is d but has serial number on it which is on the arm of Oakleys I’m after selling them

Back