• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Magnesium M Frame

@OakleyTrader15 I noticed from your pictures that it looks like you have 2 versions of the plasma frame, a lighter and darker one. I was under the impression that there were only 3 frame colors - Plasma, Dark Carbide, and Denim. Or is there just another completely different frame color out there that I have over looked?!

Nonetheless, still very cool to see all the frame colors together as well as all the varying lens sizes/tints! Congrats!!!:D

@xmetalmaniac thank you for confirming!

Can anyone out there answer this: is Dark Carbon closer in color to Plasma or Dark Carbide? By the looks of the pictures shared by @OakleyTrader15 it seems like Plasma and Dark Carbon are similar but now I'm just very confused. I'm thinking Dark Carbon and Dark Carbide would be similar but mostly when I assume something chances are I'm wrong!

Also if possible could someone share a side by side picture of the frames together for comparison?

Dark Carbon and Dark Carbide are very similar. There are examples of all 4 frame colors in this picture. The Dark Carbon and Carbide are very close with the Carbide being more matte and has some metallic sparkle to it.
20151113_181644.jpg

20151113_182839.jpg

Last edited:
@CarGuy thank you for the explanation as well as the additional pictures! Looks like I'm now on a quest to figure out which frame I have - Carbide or Carbon and then to acquire the pair with the color that I don't have!!!

@CarGuy thank you for the explanation as well as the additional pictures! Looks like I'm now on a quest to figure out which frame I have - Carbide or Carbon and then to acquire the pair with the color that I don't have!!!
If your frame has some of the gloss that the 2 bottom pair on the left have then it's the carbon. If its matte then it's the carbide.

I have a mag m frame , what r they going for these days looking to sell
Well let us know if the deleted member ever responds to your request from 2015. You can try this thread lol

Or you can put it in this thread with pictures and details and condition of frames and lenses

Back