• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars leather w/ hammerstems

Do hammerstones raise or lower the value

• Hammerstems

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Straight stems

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters

Megahurtz

Oakley Enthusiast
I have the original box bag nose bombs and coin just have replaced the original arm stems with hammerstems did this lower the value ? I’ve lost the original stems ! ??

image.jpg

I have the original box bag nose bombs and coin just have replaced the original arm stems with hammerstems did this lower the value ? I’ve lost the original stems ! ??

View attachment 404928

Yes it depreciates the value knowing that Mars leather has its own unique serial that starts with *Mxxxxx and also to take consideration the leather condition too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would be better with straight stems. You could put the hammer stems on a Juliet or something.

Honestly that's kinda tough! even though you still have the serial Number on nose bridge intact, the value isn't the same because of the missing stem. I think you have misplace them somewhere? If I recall, wasn't these being sold somewhere with 2 set of stems and matching box.

Honestly that's kinda tough! even though you still have the serial Number on nose bridge intact, the value isn't the same because of the missing stem. I think you have misplace them somewhere? If I recall, wasn't these being sold somewhere with 2 set of stems and matching box.
Indeed at one time ! To much love for em ! I was going to trade them In with a busted Ducati for a new pair ! Never plan to sell ! Kinda weird having someone else wear my body oil’s these Canot be cleaned ! These were mint condition when I got them much love much use ! lol

View attachment 404928
Hey bro,
Your poll question is ambiguous.

In anycase, changing the earstems will lower the value because the ear stems have the serial number etched onto them. Non-matching ear stems will always make the pair worth less, unless you still sell with the original earstems.

Just a suggestion - You should change the poll to:-

Changing a Mars Jordan's ear stems to hammer stems will....
1. Lower the value
2. Increase the value

Straight stems suits the mars very well. Having the original serialized stem retains its value. Hammer stems on mars looks weird. :crazypilot:

Hey Chris,
I have a nice pair of Crater/X-Metal color if you’re interested in a trade for your hammer stems if they’re nice.
What color are they? Hard to tell from pic. I am looking for X-Metal/gray.

Thanks