• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Maximum RX in Oakley sunglasses?

23109VC

Oakley Beginner
I am looking to get a pair of Oakley sunglasses and am about to get my eyes checked... I know my RX has increased from last time I got them
Checked and I’m guessing I’m near -6 in each eye .
Will Oakley make me lenses for my prescription or is it too big

I think right now my RX is 5.25 and 5.5 but it was increased recently and is at it near 6. I want sure what the cutoff is for the RX on oakleys.
Chris got me my last pair several years ago... it’s time for a new pair but my eyes are a bit worse

I’m hoping I can still get something

-6.00 is still the cutoff. But this is the algebraic sum of both sphere and cylinder. So if you RX is -5.50 -0.50 x090 that adds up to -6.00 and is ok. But if your RX is -6.00 -0.50 x090 that adds up to -6.50 and is out of bounds for all Oakley Sunglasses RX.

Frames you might be able to do are:

Clifden, Coldfuse, Conductor 8, Deadbolt, Drop Point, Flak 2.0 XL, Fuel Cell, Gascan, Straightlink, and Sylas.

If I remember you correctly you have a slightly thinner than average face. So Gascan might be a great style to try!

Yes that was me with the skinnier face ... You got me half jackets with 00 iridium lenses... loved them until they flew off my face in Tahoe and sank.. 🤦‍♂️
-6.00 is still the cutoff. But this is the algebraic sum of both sphere and cylinder. So if you RX is -5.50 -0.50 x090 that adds up to -6.00 and is ok. But if your RX is -6.00 -0.50 x090 that adds up to -6.50 and is out of bounds for all Oakley Sunglasses RX.

Frames you might be able to do are:

Clifden, Coldfuse, Conductor 8, Deadbolt, Drop Point, Flak 2.0 XL, Fuel Cell, Gascan, Straightlink, and Sylas.

If I remember you correctly you have a slightly thinner than average face. So Gascan might be a great style to try!

I’m getting an updated rx next week and will contact you. I’m hoping it’s close. I think mine now is 4.75 and 5.5 and 2 or 3 degrees of out prism in each eye

I'm still here if you need me
Chris -

The last glasses that you helped me get were I believe quarter jackets they were actually kid size but they fit me great. My office is close to an Oakley outlet I stopped in today and checked out a bunch of frames there was a new one I hadn’t seen before calleda Flak XS .
It was similar to mine but Since I lost my last pair in a boating incidents I don’t have them to actually compare how does that flak excess compared to my quarter jacketSince I lost my last pair in a boating incidents I don’t have them to actually compare how does that flak XS compare to my quarter jackets?

thx!

Last edited:
Chris -

just got my new rx. I’m -5 in one eye and -6 and the other one no cylinder.

I have 4° of OT prism in each lens

Can you get me a prescription in that??

The frames are very similar in size. The flak XS seems to fit me tighter, but like the same size. Quarter jacket looks to work in your RX still... Flak XS only goes to -3.50 and isn't a viable option sir.

Back