• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

mega tower 3.1?

BoostBear

°—°
Beast Coast
Couple questions about this case I'm considering purchasing..

Mega Tower 3.1 - 1.jpg

Is it a mega tower 3.1?

Condition wise the left certainly has scuffs from being dragged, seller notes it's just dirty but I'm skeptical on that.

- Lights work
- Top lock on glass door works, but apparently bottom lock doesn't work (edit both glass locks work - 1 key)
- Bottom storage is not accessible, and is locked..
- 1 Key is provided

Is it difficult to replace the locks on the door?

Anyone happen to know how much it weighs?

Were there ever instructions on how to put it together (as I'd likely take it apart and move it in pieces )

Is 300 fair, or in this condition not particularly?

Thanks

Last edited:
3.0 . You can source locks here most likely or HD/Lowe’s if you have too.

3.0 . You can source locks here most likely or HD/Lowe’s if you have too.
Okay a slight update, apparently both the glass door locks work. It's the bottom storage door lock that doesn't work, in the sense it's locked w/o access... Would drilling it out be the only option?

I’d say $300 may be a little high if it’s scuffed bad. Try and work out low to mid 2’s. Being convenient goes a long way for me though too. I’m really only good for about 45 min each way. I just don’t usually have half a day to go get something.

I’d say $300 may be a little high if it’s scuffed bad. Try and work out low to mid 2’s. Being convenient goes a long way for me though too. I’m really only good for about 45 min each way. I just don’t usually have half a day to go get something.
I concur. Just sold 2 tonight that were in much better condition for $300 each... :mad: The first 2 I ever acquired out the door...

Okay a slight update, apparently both the glass door locks work. It's the bottom storage door lock that doesn't work, in the sense it's locked w/o access... Would drilling it out be the only option?
I’d be willing to bet it’s jammed/bent a little and you could work it open. Like @IAMOBS said, $300.00 is prob to much, offer 1/2 and go from there.

Locks are easy to replace. About $5 at HD. As for taking it apart, it’s super easy once you start. The top comes off. The uprights come off and the base is one piece.

I believe it's a storage locker find, so fingers crossed I can get into the low 2's as the seller has zero idea on year or type of case besides 'oakley showroom case'. Waiting on more photos and specifics, despite it being under 30 mins away I wanna get more details on it before making the trek.