• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Monster Dogs gone wrong

us_Sheikh

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi there "O" Bros,

Okay so I'm in a bit of a predicament here. About a couple weeks ago, there was this Polished Monster Dog Ducati put up for auction on ebay. These were the ONLY pictures provided:
Pic 1
s-l1600-2.jpg

Pic 2
s-l1600-1.jpg

Pic 3
s-l1600-4.jpg

Pic 4
s-l1600-3.jpg

So I bid on it and won the auction at $72.50 and paid shipping of $13.95. Listing stated that the seller does not accept returns. I live in the UAE and have an address in NY as a service from one of my local based courriers.

So when I got the parcel, to my shock:

THIS is what came out of the box *(Which was very neatly packed btw):

20160613_042942.jpg

20160613_043221.jpg

20160613_042906.jpg
20160613_043303.jpg

20160613_043147.jpg
20160613_043032.jpg

So the frame is SUPER DUPER scratched out, and so sre the lenses. This pair looks like it had been in the washing machine or something to have gotten such bad scratches. Anyway, so I was naturally furious and I filed for a return and refund. But now this thief of a seller refuses to return my money. Anyway, I will take that up with ebay about my options.

For now I'm just assuming the worst so can you guys just let me know if this pair has a possibility of repair and revival???. Can this be polished enough to remove all scratches from the frame? If so, then how can I begin to do that. ?? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank You and Best Regards. All.

Hi there "O" Bros,

Okay so I'm in a bit of a predicament here. About a couple weeks ago, there was this Polished Monster Dog Ducati put up for auction on ebay. These were the ONLY pictures provided:
Pic 1
View attachment 256463

Pic 2
View attachment 256464

Pic 3
View attachment 256465

Pic 4
View attachment 256466

So I bid on it and won the auction at $72.50 and paid shipping of $13.95. Listing stated that the seller does not accept returns. I live in the UAE and have an address in NY as a service from one of my local based courriers.

So when I got the parcel, to my shock:

THIS is what came out of the box *(Which was very neatly packed btw):

View attachment 256468
View attachment 256469
View attachment 256470 View attachment 256471
View attachment 256472 View attachment 256473

So the frame is SUPER DUPER scratched out, and so sre the lenses. This pair looks like it had been in the washing machine or something to have gotten such bad scratches. Anyway, so I was naturally furious and I filed for a return and refund. But now this thief of a seller refuses to return my money. Anyway, I will take that up with ebay about my options.

For now I'm just assuming the worst so can you guys just let me know if this pair has a possibility of repair and revival???. Can this be polished enough to remove all scratches from the frame? If so, then how can I begin to do that. ?? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank You and Best Regards. All.
2 words. **** EBAY

Also. **** that seller. He can take the "doesn't accept returns" and shove it up his ass

Doesn't matter what the sellers policy is as far as I know as he is operating under the eBay world of rules.

Go to eBay and file that claim quick.

I'm sure a more experience eBay person can chime in here though too

Already filed for a return with ebay - uploaded pics as sufficient evidence....and have exchanged some pretty nasty messages with the seller - but it says I can only ask ebay to step in and help by the 17th. Otherwise I'm not sure how I can ask them to help me out.

Already filed for a return with ebay - uploaded pics as sufficient evidence....and have exchanged some pretty nasty messages with the seller - but it says I can only ask ebay to step in and help by the 17th. Otherwise I'm not sure how I can ask them to help me out.
By the 17th of June?

Then you're good. I hope they help you and see the seller is a ****

Couple things-

in the future be careful buying pre-owned on eBay. Make SURE the pictures are SUPER SUPER detailed and if there's any doubt be prepared you might get something NOT up to your expectations. Only a couple times have I received pre-owned via eBay that EXCEEDED my expectations. While I'm a HUGE eBay proponent (I've purchased 90% of my pieces from there but 99% of those were new- most used I purchased HERE and there's a reason for that, to avoid cases like this).

In MY opinion? You have a good chance of losing this claim. The listing was pre-owned was it not? That's the sellers out- it was listed as pre-owned/used and there were multiple pictures. UNLESS the TEXT of the description stated specific things like "no scratches" or "perfect lenses" or "perfect frames" which the item then is not, you basically accept the item may be in almost ANY condition when listed as pre-owned.

Finally, don't shut down the eBay claim by opening a claim via PayPal and immediately escalating to a claim, let the eBay claim play out then if not found in your favor you can open a PayPal claim as well. The companies are quasi connected so you can't have both open and opening a PP claim shuts down the eBay claim. But PayPal's Resolution Department is in my experience more forgiving and the process allows more ability for both parties to argue their side- plus you didn't PAY via eBay you PAID via PayPal and PayPal is VERY aware that misleading a buyer is fraudulent and more apt to side with buyers because their approach is if the seller gets the item back and the buyer their money it's "no harm, no foul" and both are back where they started.

Most important thing during the process is patience- I've had cases take almost 2 months to resolve if I have to go through eBay and THEN PayPal. Also (and, too late for that here from what you've said) avoid personal insults or attacks in the messages- no matter WHAT the other party says. I know for a FACT the Resolution Departments when confronted with one party being rude and slinging mud are more likely to side with the party that's sticking to the facts and being courteous especially if that side is the buyer. Remember both eBay and PP are more or less buyer-centric and buyer-biased so the more you can imprint on them that you're the "good guy" the better chance you have of it being found in your favor.

Last edited:
Pitfalls of E-Bay.

Last poster nailed it really.

E-Bay is still a great place for stuff but sometimes you do get jammed up as well.

Put it this way --- I had gotten ultimately screwed once involving a supposedly new ASUS Motherboard that was some 200 + only to find the board was someone's coffee spill mat. I didn't get that money back and I was left with a fairly expensive brick. So hopefully that loss makes you feel a bit better.

Hope you get your $$$ back.

Couple things-

in the future be careful buying pre-owned on eBay. Make SURE the pictures are SUPER SUPER detailed and if there's any doubt be prepared you might get something NOT up to your expectations. Only a couple times have I received pre-owned via eBay that EXCEEDED my expectations. While I'm a HUGE eBay proponent (I've purchased 90% of my pieces from there but 99% of those were new- most used I purchased HERE and there's a reason for that, to avoid cases like this).

In MY opinion? You have a good chance of losing this claim. The listing was pre-owned was it not? That's the sellers out- it was listed as pre-owned/used and there were multiple pictures. UNLESS the TEXT of the description stated specific things like "no scratches" or "perfect lenses" or "perfect frames" which the item then is not, you basically accept the item may be in almost ANY condition when listed as pre-owned.

Finally, don't shut down the eBay claim by opening a claim via PayPal and immediately escalating to a claim, let the eBay claim play out then if not found in your favor you can open a PayPal claim as well. The companies are quasi connected so you can't have both open and opening a PP claim shuts down the eBay claim. But PayPal's Resolution Department is in my experience more forgiving and the process allows more ability for both parties to argue their side- plus you didn't PAY via eBay you PAID via PayPal and PayPal is VERY aware that misleading a buyer is fraudulent and more apt to side with buyers because their approach is if the seller gets the item back and the buyer their money it's "no harm, no foul" and both are back where they started.

Most important thing during the process is patience- I've had cases take almost 2 months to resolve if I have to go through eBay and THEN PayPal. Also (and, too late for that here from what you've said) avoid personal insults or attacks in the messages- no matter WHAT the other party says. I know for a FACT the Resolution Departments when confronted with one party being rude and slinging mud are more likely to side with the party that's sticking to the facts and being courteous especially if that side is the buyer. Remember both eBay and PP are more or less buyer-centric and buyer-biased so the more you can imprint on them that you're the "good guy" the better chance you have of it being found in your favor.

Wow man, thanks a trillion to state it out so perfectly. And thank you all for advising on this. I will be careful not to get dirty, In fact, I usually am the opposite. I prefer to avoid exchanging unpleasantries but in this case, I guess the guy just got to me. He outright said that he will not give me a refund without citing any credible evidence. Anyway, I hope that I do not lose my claim. Will wait it out. Also, if in any case it doesnt work out, and I'm stuck with the piece, any suggestions to use any polishers or scratch-removers?

Wow man, thanks a trillion to state it out so perfectly. And thank you all for advising on this. I will be careful not to get dirty, In fact, I usually am the opposite. I prefer to avoid exchanging unpleasantries but in this case, I guess the guy just got to me. He outright said that he will not give me a refund without citing any credible evidence. Anyway, I hope that I do not lose my claim. Will wait it out. Also, if in any case it doesnt work out, and I'm stuck with the piece, any suggestions to use any polishers or scratch-removers?

With O-Matter once it's scratched there's really no going back via polished or removers as they're abrasive. You'd be needing to have the piece re-painted by one of the fine gentlemen on the Forum who are masters at such.

Latest Posts

Back