• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Extremely Humble Collection

Life is cyclic. You know why you are back, posting this.. BECAUSE, its time!
Time to start that collection back up. We forgive you for climbing on that wagon, sitting there watching other collections grow as yours slowly, sadly shrinks. Now get down off that thing, as you are clearly slipping already, and get back to collecting:punish:

Boy Kip were you right! I have been actively collecting (again) for a couple years now... and I'm really liking the progress I've made.

I haven't posted in this thread for a while. I have started collecting a 3rd round of all 8 X-Metals... and already added a few gems.

Here is a shot of "Penthouse North" (hehe). Each X-Metal gets its own stand now. I'm able to easily convert stands from 2-tier to 3-tier to 4-tier, thanks to @qtrain23's sleek, modular design. I like how the stands kind of blend in with the rest of the Mega Towers, so there is little distraction from seeing the main attraction... THE GLASSES:showingbiceps:🔥:dance:

PenthouseNorthsmall.jpg

Newest additions are the XM/Ruby Crater (top left) and the Plasma/Ice XX (bottom right, with XP serial, as it should be).

"Penthouse South" will be the home of R1 and R2, so that leaves Juliet, Penny, X-Squared, and Half-X to reside on the next level down. That's a tough call; not everyone would agree, but I also chose that arrangement based on the coins and coin holders.

Boy Kip were you right! I have been actively collecting (again) for a couple years now... and I'm really liking the progress I've made.

I haven't posted in this thread for a while. I have started collecting a 3rd round of all 8 X-Metals... and already added a few gems.

Here is a shot of "Penthouse North" (hehe). Each X-Metal gets its own stand now. I'm able to easily convert stands from 2-tier to 3-tier to 4-tier, thanks to @qtrain23's sleek, modular design. I like how the stands kind of blend in with the rest of the Mega Towers, so there is little distraction from seeing the main attraction... THE GLASSES:showingbiceps:🔥:dance:

View attachment 942812

Newest additions are the XM/Ruby Crater (top left) and the Plasma/Ice XX (bottom right, with XP serial, as it should be).

"Penthouse South" will be the home of R1 and R2, so that leaves Juliet, Penny, X-Squared, and Half-X to reside on the next level down. That's a tough call; not everyone would agree, but I also chose that arrangement based on the coins and coin holders.
really nice👌

View attachment 942812

Very nice my friend. VERY NICE!

I'm going to update my display pics soon... but I wanted to share a new page on my website. I have a page for various Oakley sunglasses. I will be adding a separate page highlighting my Mega Towers. But for now, if anyone is interested, maybe you could read through this page to see if you have any corrections, additions, or content suggestions? I will add more pics when I have time, but I thought this was a good start.

Oakley Sunglasses on Flacche.com

More updates...

So my coin collection has kicked up a notch. I was tired of tarnishing Penny coins, so @zwc0442 polished them for one last time, and hit them with clear cerekote... beautiful!

pennycoins.jpg

Since I added more X-Metals to my collection, I found myself with many different coins, some in different sizes. Now, I can display any pair of coins, in any size, thanks to @qtrain23!

halfxcoins.jpg
romeo2coins.jpg
julietcoins.jpg
romeocoins.jpg

My R2 line-up has some real POP now! I recently added a polished pair, thanks to @zwc0442, and added the new Fuse polarized polycarbonate lenses. These are all the top-tier with the added AR coating on the inside of the lenses. The polished pair looks like it has black iridium in them, but that's Fuse Chrome. Once outdoors, the lenses and frame look like one piece of polished metal, but I'll save that for Metal Monday.

R2withNewLenses.jpg

Finally, I was able to complete my first tune up on my own... but a baby one... XS (I know easy because it doesn't have pins). It was still challenging. It's easy to get the first orbital secured into the bridge, but getting that second orbital in is difficult, especially when you're using good couplers that have a tight fit. Thanks (yet again) to @zwc0442 for the guidance and encouragement for me to attempt this on my own. I'm still not ready to try "real" tune-ups. If I ever get a beater X-Metal, I will play around with it. But even if I learn the technique for removing/installing pins, I'm more concerned with doing all of that without causing any damage to the nose bridge - that's a whole different story. Guys who really know what they're doing never use those crap tools you buy on eBay; they make their own tools/jigs to complete the work safely... enough blabbing.

XSPolishedSapphireAfterTune.jpg

I'm waiting for one pair to come back from getting work done. When that pair arrives, I will take a couple pics of my towers, so you can see what I've added. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Back