• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Extremely Humble Collection

Today, I assembled my new lighting for both towers. I had custom LEDs made, and attached them to 2x3s in a rail-mount style. My goal was to put distance between the LEDs and the diffuser in each tower. This creates a "glow" effect, as opposed to harsh "bead-like" lighting. A bonus is that the lighting in both towers are controlled with one remote... slick.

IMG_8768.JPG
IMG_8769.JPG
IMG_8770.JPG
IMG_8771.JPG

Okay OF, what do you think? Was it worth the trouble? I know my answer... NO! I know I will be happy once the second tower is finished as well... but it's a lot more work, mess, and waste than I anticipated. My bad. The plexiglas polishes up very nicely. I think I will do that for my other tower as well, even though it's pretty clear.

Now don't ask what my wife [as a dig] asked... "which one did you work on? ha ha ha... um?

View attachment 917027View attachment 917026View attachment 917028View attachment 917029
What products/method did you use to polish the plexi?

What products/method did you use to polish the plexi?
I used the NOVUS plastic polish system. It worked great in combination with my 3" DA polisher, but it also works great by hand. The plexi on both cases turned out great. New pics coming soon. Both cases are in their new home, and glasses and supplies are starting to fill the towers.

NOVUS Plastic Polish

In case anyone wants to see... the Mega Towers turned out nice. They have a nice shine to them, and the plexi has a new life. Thanks to @qtrain23 for some new additional stands. If anyone ever has trouble displaying Plate, Scar, or Valve on traditional stands, let me know, and I can show you a couple ways to deal with the unusual shape of their temples (ear stems).

Here is a shot of the towers in regular room light.

IMG_8795.JPG

... and this is what they look like when the tower lighting is on. Both towers light up with one remote (I really like that).

IMG_8792.JPG
IMG_8793.JPG
IMG_8794.JPG

Latest Posts

Back