• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Extremely Humble Collection

He’s got one but he’s sandbagging!
I have 2... really nice ones you made. I haven't figured out I'd like to use them. I was hoping to get a bunch of rail stands for a second case, but that seems unlikely at this point.

Congrats! You should edit the title from humble collection to awesome collection. Are you going to complete the coin collection by getting both generations of the Juliet, XX, Half -X, and R2? As a trivia, the R1 coin has 2 versions also. One stamped 1997 and the other 1998.

Congrats! You should edit the title from humble collection to awesome collection. Are you going to complete the coin collection by getting both generations of the Juliet, XX, Half -X, and R2? As a trivia, the R1 coin has 2 versions also. One stamped 1997 and the other 1998.
Thank you... but it's still a tiny collection compared to what other collectors have. I'm an amateur. I have the 1997 and 1998 Romeo coins. The 1998 came with my R2. Otherwise, no more [planned] coin collecting for me.

You’ve done extremely well being able to get one example each of the X-metals in less than a year. It took me almost a decade waiting for the the X squared to be released to say I have gotten 1 example each of the X metals lol.

Looks really nice, especially your displays, not too cluttered. Very nice brother.
Thank you. That means a lot coming from someone with a collection as extensive as yours. To you and some others, this just looks like the tip of the iceberg.

The sun lit up the room nicely this morning... and inspired this pic. I now have 3 shelves with glasses completely containing OEM lenses; here is one of them. Thanks again @qtrain23 for all of the nice sunglass stands, coin holders, and watch stands.

xmetalsincase5small.jpg

A couple small adjustments to my collection/display.

@Chris A Hardaway cut Torch Iridium Polarized (top) and Fire Iridium Polarized (2nd from top) for two my A Wire Thick 2.0 frames.

awireintower2small.jpg

@Beardo0628 sent me these gorgeous Triggermans with Sapphire Iridium Polarized lenses. I still have the Jade with matte clear jaws, and Jade with matte grey jaws, but no room in the case.

triggerman4small.jpg

I have some new, exciting changes and additions coming soon. I'm still on the lookout for a single-wide Mega Tower 1.0 case. Maybe someday I will find one :idk: ?

More subtle changes to my display. I was ready to set up 2nd shelf, and rearrange it to only display Spice, Scar, and Plate, but then I realized I ran out of PLATE cards. I'm working on that. But in the meantime, I was able to modify @qtrain23's stands to hold both Scar AND Plate. The "ribs" need to be reshaped to hold the glasses securely, because of the odd shape of the temples. I'm really happy with how they turned out. I know I'm repeating myself, but I like how Q's stands hold the glasses well, but don't stick out like a sore thumb; they let the shades do the talkin'

scarsandplatessmall.jpg

For now the Monster Dogs and Pups will be on the same shelf with the Triggermans. All of this will likely change, if I ever find a 2nd Mega Tower (or a newer double-wide).

So here is my revised 2nd shelf... Splice, Scar, and Plate... some of my favorite O-Matter. As I reflect on these images, I'm reminded to thank @Larry [for the "Ducati" Splice], @Lopaka KaMars [for the Persimmon Scar], @Atticus [for the Plates], and @qtrain23 [for the custom display stands].

splicesscarsplates1small.jpg

splicesscarsplates2small.jpg

scarsandplates2small.jpg

The 5th (bottom) shelf will house my Monster Dogs, Monster Pups, and Triggermans. @zwc0442 is creating a custom Monster Dog for me, so I will post new pics of that shelf, once that masterpiece arrives.

Back